Indy SCCA joins Indy "V" Meet for April 16/17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Indy SCCA joins Indy "V" Meet for April 16/17 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am very excited to let everyone know that Indy SCCA has decided to add a specific "Cadillac V" category ...
    V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

Indy SCCA joins Indy "V" Meet for April 16/17

I am very excited to let everyone know that Indy SCCA has decided to add a specific "Cadillac V" category to its solo track competition being held on April 17, 2011, at Lucas Oil Speedway, in order to support our Indy "V" Meet scheduled for the previous day, April 16, at Rick's Boatyard Cafe (approximately 10 minutes from LOS).

For anyone unfamiliar with LOS, it is the former Indianapolis Raceway Park, which has been the site of incredible road course racing for a long time. Indy SCCA was very excited to learn about our "V" meet on April 16, and they've formally invited us to come over and run at LOS the next day, and they've added a "V" category for that reason. The prices are incredibly reasonable - $45 for non-SSCA members. Plus, you have the opportunity to win the specific "Cadillac V" trophy for quickest time.

Here's a link: http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/So...1_04172011.pdf

This is going to be a lot of fun!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

randomprecision46 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 06 CTS-V

Re: Indy SCCA joins Indy "V" Meet for April 16/17

I'd like to take the car on a track, but not that one. It is terribly unsafe and the surface is crap. Several places have concrete walls just a few feet from the tracks edge.

Quote Originally Posted by randomprecision46 View Post
    I'd like to take the car on a track, but not that one. It is terribly unsafe and the surface is crap. Several places have concrete walls just a few feet from the tracks edge.
    Aw, come on. That's the reason that it's a solo competition - you're the only car on the track. You can be as safe as you want to be.

Having said that, I have no basis to disagree with you. It just sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to run at that track - which I've been going to for years.

David Dusterberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hi,

I'm Dave Dusterberg with the Indy Region SCCA. My wife Pauletta is the Solo Chair while I serve on the Board of Directors as the Activities Chair.

The Solo events we hold at LORI are either held in the NHRA Pro-Pits or turns 9 thru 14 of the road course. The portion of the road course we use has good pavement and any barriers are far enough away as not to be any concern. Our course designers are national event caliber so our courses are safe, challenging, and fun. We currently do not hold any events on the full road course.

Solo is a driving competition that puts the emphasis on driving precision as opposed to all out speed. Drivers negotiate a course marked by traffic cones while being timed. Fastest driver who completes the course without knocking over any cones or missing any features of the course is the winner. Solo is a pure speed event yet speeds never exceed 60 mph. So fear not, you'll be able to come, compete, have fun, and go home with your car in the same shape you started the day.

Cheers,
    Dave

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

I am a member of Indy SCCA and have been autocrossing with them for several years with my regular CTS. I was planning on bringing info about Indy SCCA and autocross to the meet but looks like Guy beat me to it. The idea of a V-specific class sounds great though so thanks!!!

As for concerns about safety, we will NOT be running on the road course. The autocross course will be set up in the large open area in the southwest portion of the property where the "haulers" are parked during drag races. I assure you the course will be designed such that you will have to go out of your way to hit anything harder than a road cone. There may be more than one car on the course at a time, but it is always timed such they they remain a safe distance away from each other so that again to hit something, it would take an intentional act.

So, if you would like to get a leg up on the competition next month you should come out to the season opener this weekend. Heres the flyer: http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/So...t%20432011.pdf . Go to www.indyscca.org for more info about the club or autocross (also known as "solo") in general. You can also preregister for either event to save a few bucks. If you have any questions about the events or autocross in general please ask and I will do my best to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dusterberg View Post
    Hi,

I'm Dave Dusterberg with the Indy Region SCCA. My wife Pauletta is the Solo Chair while I serve on the Board of Directors as the Activities Chair.

The Solo events we hold at LORI are either held in the NHRA Pro-Pits or turns 9 thru 14 of the road course. The portion of the road course we use has good pavement and any barriers are far enough away as not to be any concern. Our course designers are national event caliber so our courses are safe, challenging, and fun. We currently do not hold any events on the full road course.

Solo is a driving competition that puts the emphasis on driving precision as opposed to all out speed. Drivers negotiate a course marked by traffic cones while being timed. Fastest driver who completes the course without knocking over any cones or missing any features of the course is the winner. Solo is a pure speed event yet speeds never exceed 60 mph. So fear not, you'll be able to come, compete, have fun, and go home with your car in the same shape you started the day.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Looks like Dave and I were both replying at the same time! Well said Dave!!! Now lets see some V's there this weekend!!!

FYI a stock CTS-V would be in F-stock class. I do not know about where they go if modified but if you need help classing your car let me know and we'll get it figured out.

Indysolochair is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Hi, My name is Pauletta Dusterberg, I am the 2011 Indy Region Solo Chair.

The Indy SCCA Region is excited to have the Indy "V" vs. Indy Region indyscca.org solo challenge on April 17 at Lucas Oil Raceway. We look forward to meeting you and sharing our passion for cars.

Well said Doc and Dave. Doc, we are going to be using turns 9-14 of the road course for these events. We did the worker invitational in the pro pits last year. But they are having us use part of the road course for these events. Geoff has already designed a great course for this weekend.

Would love to see some of you guys out there this weekend also. Everyone is always welcome. As you well know, we can have lots of fun. Great friends, great cars and lots of fun. See ya there.

Pauletta

Dave, doc and Pauletta - thank you so much for clarifying. I apologize that I created the impression that SCCA was going to use the entire road course.

My only excuses are ignorance and enthusiasm!!

randomprecision46 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by David Dusterberg View Post
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Dave
    Oh, that's great. I had a hot lap scenario playing in my mind. That is good news. Nice to "meet" you two. I'd like to bend your ear about club racing while you're there if I could. I have been wanting to do some type of amateur racing for some time, but just never done it.

Quote Originally Posted by randomprecision46 View Post
    Oh, that's great. I had a hot lap scenario playing in my mind. That is good news. Nice to "meet" you two. I'd like to bend your ear about club racing while you're there if I could. I have been wanting to do some type of amateur racing for some time, but just never done it.
    Unfortunately the Indy SCCA road race program is in a bit of a state of limbo right now due to lack of venues to race (hard to believe in Indianapolis I know). For reasons more involved than I have the time or space to explain, there really are no venues in Indiana where the Indy SCCA currently can, and can safely host a road race. We are working on it though and will hopefully have something worked out in the not too distant future. Come find me at the V meet or an SCCA solo event (big guy, silver 07 CTS-V with "section 8 racing" sticker in the back window) and I will get you in touch with Dave so you can talk further, he is definately more of an expert in the area of road racing than I.

Fasciaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

If your a SCCA member from a different area/chapter what is the cost because I am planning to join my local area SCCA and run a few events here?
    And I wonder how many guys will stick around for the event on Sunday. I was just planning to come for the day so now I'm torn on getting a hotel and making it a weekend or come for Saturday or Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Fasciaguy View Post
    If your a SCCA member from a different area/chapter what is the cost because I am planning to join my local area SCCA and run a few events here?
    And I wonder how many guys will stick around for the event on Sunday. I was just planning to come for the day so now I'm torn on getting a hotel and making it a weekend or come for Saturday or Sunday?
    The fees are as follows:

All payments are made the day of event.

Pre-registered entrants:
    $25.00 SCCA Members
    $40.00 for Weekend Members*

Walk up Registration day of event:
    $30.00 for SCCA Members
    $45.00 for Weekend Members*

*Weekend memberships available onsite at Registration

It does not matter where you currently claim as your "home" club, bring your membership card and you will get the member rate.

I know it adds a bit to the weekend to get a hotel room and eating out for another day but we'd love to have you there. I've been hooked on autocross for 3 years now and cant wait to see how my new V does at it. It will also be nice to have others there with varied levels of experience to compare myself to. Dont worry though if this would be your first time, our club is VERY welcoming to newcommers! Let me know if you have any other questions!

EDIT: I strongly encourage anyone who thinks they even might come on Sunday to preregister. It costs nothing to preregister and you only pay if you end up comming and racing that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasciaguy View Post
    I really hope you stick around too!! After all - the whole idea of combining a "V" meet with a SCCA event was your idea!! After you mentioned that in your PM to me - I went out looking for their schedule, and was lucky enough to discover that Indy SCCA had this solo event scheduled for the day after our meet!!

Thanks, Fasciaguy!!

Guy

Guy,

My only excuses are ignorance and enthusiasm!! You WILL fit in just fine with our group then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.