Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CTS V P0305 Engine Misfire Code

04SilverV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: CTS V P0305 Engine Misfire Code

I've always had a slight mis at idle but never a code and I suspected maybe a bad valve. That all changed recently when I installed a cam... Code P0300. Oddly enough when I was changing the valve springs I noticed that the first cylinder on the pass. side didn't pump up with air right away like all the others when I put 100psi to it (I actually used my leak-down tester to charge the cylinder). That cylinder took about 10 seconds or so and I could clearly hear the air coming from the throttle body especially when I opened the plate!
    Other than that I haven't ever done any tests like leakdown or compression. My mis is very very slight which most don't even notice, I think with the cam it's just now more pronounced for the PCM setting the code off.

Although it's not a clear cut answer maybe it's a lead for you.

Btw, I've got 73k miles on the clock and I bought the car with 30k bone stock.

John

jshaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

After much more diagnosis, I am still having this problem. Leak down tests, used engine block tester, cut open the wiring harness to find any problems, etc.

Brought it to the dealership and they said I needed a new computer. Got a new computer, still the same problem.

It was suggested that I swap o2 sensors on the front bank, but I can't see a good way to get to them. I have been searching on this forum, but can't find it mentioned. Anyone know a good way to get at the front o2 sensors?

jshaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I found the problem. The roller on one of the lifters on cylinder 5 was galled.

I just wanted to post in case someone else goes through these issues.

Now I have to figure out what kind of cam to put in. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to put on headers and all that stuff, but might as well get some more power out of it.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Use Morel lifters.

You won't regret it.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I would call Geoff Skinner with Engine Power Systems. Geoff can set you up with an EPS-lobed cam designed to get the most power out of an otherwise stock engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12