CTS V P0305 Engine Misfire Code - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS V P0305 Engine Misfire Code in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've always had a slight mis at idle but never a code and I suspected maybe a bad valve. That ...
    04SilverV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: CTS V P0305 Engine Misfire Code

I've always had a slight mis at idle but never a code and I suspected maybe a bad valve. That all changed recently when I installed a cam... Code P0300. Oddly enough when I was changing the valve springs I noticed that the first cylinder on the pass. side didn't pump up with air right away like all the others when I put 100psi to it (I actually used my leak-down tester to charge the cylinder). That cylinder took about 10 seconds or so and I could clearly hear the air coming from the throttle body especially when I opened the plate!
    Other than that I haven't ever done any tests like leakdown or compression. My mis is very very slight which most don't even notice, I think with the cam it's just now more pronounced for the PCM setting the code off.

Although it's not a clear cut answer maybe it's a lead for you.

Btw, I've got 73k miles on the clock and I bought the car with 30k bone stock.

John

jshaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

After much more diagnosis, I am still having this problem. Leak down tests, used engine block tester, cut open the wiring harness to find any problems, etc.

Brought it to the dealership and they said I needed a new computer. Got a new computer, still the same problem.

It was suggested that I swap o2 sensors on the front bank, but I can't see a good way to get to them. I have been searching on this forum, but can't find it mentioned. Anyone know a good way to get at the front o2 sensors?

jshaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I found the problem. The roller on one of the lifters on cylinder 5 was galled.

I just wanted to post in case someone else goes through these issues.

Now I have to figure out what kind of cam to put in. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to put on headers and all that stuff, but might as well get some more power out of it.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Use Morel lifters.

You won't regret it.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I would call Geoff Skinner with Engine Power Systems. Geoff can set you up with an EPS-lobed cam designed to get the most power out of an otherwise stock engine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.