V-day 5 june 24
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V-day 5 june 24 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; V-day 5 will be Friday June 24th at Summit point (on the Summit track) in West Virginia. for those who ...
    Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

V-day 5 june 24

V-day 5 will be Friday June 24th at Summit point (on the Summit track) in West Virginia. for those who havent been to a previous Vday this is the countrys largest V dominant track day.at the first 4 Vday's we have had an average of 40 V's on the track and 10-20 more that show up to hang out. cost is $250.00, that gets you aproximately 2 hours of track time with an experienced in car instructor, class room time to hone your skills and a catered lunch. this year Cadillac will be involved supporting their new race team, more details on that soon. please call 703-647-8670 or email lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com with any questions or to register.
    Attached Images
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chris0nllyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: V-day 5 june 24

Awesome, I know a bunch of guys were chomping at the bit wondering if V-Day was happening this year.

Now, I was wondering...If I didn't want to race, what would I have to pay? I just would want to come hang out and watch everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Awesome, I know a bunch of guys were chomping at the bit wondering if V-Day was happening this year.

Now, I was wondering...If I didn't want to race, what would I have to pay? I just would want to come hang out and watch everyone else.

doesnt cost anything to spectate ($10.00 for lunch). more importanly Vday is not a race. its a high speed driving "school"
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Cadillac Parts View Post
    doesnt cost anything to spectate ($10.00 for lunch). more importanly Vday is not a race. its a high speed driving "school"
    Cool, definately debating coming up (have plans for that weekend already).

I don't think I've ever been excited for "school"

GMBOUND is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Wish I would've seen this post before I sent an email to the Cadillac Motorsports Mgr today! Good Deal!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

that time of year already?

Completely forgot about my girlfriend's birthday that weekend

Pretty safe to say I won't be making it.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

I'm in brother, use the c/c on file and email me the registration form...
    2005 cadillac cts-v racecar #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Completely forgot about my girlfriend's birthday that weekend

Pretty safe to say I won't be making it.
    Dude, V Day is Friday. You'll still have all weekend to spend time with your girl.

Besides, it's 3 months from now - you can totally break up with this girl and get a new one (whose birthday is not that weekend) in 3 months!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Dude, V Day is Friday. You'll still have all weekend to spend time with your girl.

Besides, it's 3 months from now - you can totally break up with this girl and get a new one (whose birthday is not that weekend) in 3 months!
    I like the way you think! Totally didn't even look at the calender to see what day it's on. I have just over 1 day of PTO left, so it looks like I'll be saving it for this!

Maybe I missed something, but what time should we start heading up?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I don't remember the exact schedule from last time, but for most track events you have to be at the track early (~7am) to get everyone through registration and tech inspection. Instructor and driver meetings will take place in the 8 or 8:30 ballpark, with people getting on track shortly thereafter.

My recommendation would be to drive up and stay at a hotel Thursday night. I typically stay at the Hampton Inn in Winchester, VA, which is about 20min from the track. Driving on track safely takes a lot of sustained concentration and is physically and mentally draining. I would say it's not advisable to be waking up at 4am or whatever to drive a couple/few hours to get to the track Friday morning; much better to be at the hotel the night before so you can be well rested.

smbstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

we should make sure we all schedule in time for Summit Point Karting!

I don't remember the exact schedule from last time, but for most track events you have to be at the track early (~7am) to get everyone through registration and tech inspection. Instructor and driver meetings will take place in the 8 or 8:30 ballpark, with people getting on track shortly thereafter.

My recommendation would be to drive up and stay at a hotel Thursday night. I typically stay at the Hampton Inn in Winchester, VA, which is about 20min from the track. Driving on track safely takes a lot of sustained concentration and is physically and mentally draining. I would say it's not advisable to be waking up at 4am or whatever to drive a couple/few hours to get to the track Friday morning; much better to be at the hotel the night before so you can be well rested.
    Couldnt have said better. schedule is still under construction but arriving before 7 AM is a given. the Hampton Inn in Winchester will have a block of discounted rooms for Vday participants. that is not quite set up yet but will be by the time people start registering...
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I'll be there.

Post of the month!!!

Stop, Pat! Stop it!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

From another forum, posted by a track junkie buddy... there are some improvements made to Summit Point.

I was at Summit Point on Saturday with ___ instructing for SCCA's PDX. I'm happy to report that Summit has made some marked improvements in the name of safety.

First off, the pavement is still holding up. There's a change in grip at the large asphalt patch at T1, not a big change in grip, but it's noticeable. But everywhere else around the track, the pavement is still good and holding up. The dip and bumps at T9 give that turn character IMO.

T3 received a significant improvement. First off, all the gravel has been graded and smoothed out and it's not strewn all about. Second, they cleared a good 150' of trees from behind the gravel so that if you run off and need more runoff room than the gravel can provide, there is now a huge, flat field that you can use. At the end of the field is a small berm that should provide the final barrier to get you stopped (albeit while damaging the car), should you run THAT far off track, which is unlikely.

T10 coming on the front straight, the berm that is on the outer edge, track left, has been flattened. This is Bobster's berm, right? Now, if you run off the track outside of or after the rumble strips, there is a long, flat area for you to safely get the car slowed down and to smoothly pull it back on to the front straight. With all the rains, it's a huge mud pile right now as they're not totally done grading the land yet. However, if you wanted, you could drive down the entire front straight in the grass now, whereas before, that berm came up pretty quickly. It seems that people would try to avoid that berm, yank the wheel and would end up in the tire wall on the inside of the track. Now, you no longer need to do that.

Finally, all the flag stations now have new and, in my opinion, more visible gazebos. I think they may even sit a bit higher than they did before, which is a good thing.

So, I'm happy to report that Summit Point is improving. Rumour has it that they main bathrooms in the paddock are shut down for renovation, but that's all hearsay at this point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.