V-day 5 june 24 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V-day 5 june 24 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Some more videos from a few weekends ago, now with gauges! First, a short clip of me getting walked by ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: V-day 5 june 24

Some more videos from a few weekends ago, now with gauges!

First, a short clip of me getting walked by a race-prepped Viper on the main straight. Obviously the V is no slouch in the acceleration department, but he pulls on me like I'm standing still!

And then a longer clip of ~3 laps of pretty open running.

'05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Nice driving. Looks like a fun track!

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    Nice driving. Looks like a fun track!
    X2 on the driving although I would have no idea what a fun track is. (noob so any would be fun to me).

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

that has some good speed to it. looks kind of easy on the brakes as there is good cooling before next hard use. Thats a awesome transition onto the long straight. You can keep a lot of speed before you get on it.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

allready 10 signed up for Vday5. 7 CTS-V's, 1 STS-V, and 2 vettes (one of which is a ZR1). give me a call to get on the list. Luke===703-647-8670 or lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I might be in for it this year as well. I think I have this weekend open, and I might take my dad with me as he's a huge fan of everything GM... If the CTS-V racecar shows up i'll make his day for sure.

So I'm penciling myself in at this point.

PS. I'll use the fact that I have three dudes in my car as an excuse for my slow lap times as well!

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    that has some good speed to it. looks kind of easy on the brakes as there is good cooling before next hard use.
    There's only that 1 big stop, but it's a big stop. I see rotor temps over 1250F (using Tempilaq paint on the rotors) and have to keep moving my braking point back as the session goes on. I pretty much killed a set of Carbotech XP16s in 2 days.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Andy Pilgrim had some nice things to say about the last V-Day in this article...

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...php?story=1927

an excerpt from another Pilgrim article, this one was after Vday3....."This was not just any track day; Lindsay Cadillac is a dealership near DC in Alexandria, VA which organizes track days for their customers and other enthusiasts. Luke Butler, who leads this program, is a really good guy.
    Well, this year Luke outdid himself and had Pratt and Miller bring the two-seat Cadillac CTS World Challenge race car. Pratt & Miller, who, as you recall, built the Cadillac race cars I drove between 2004 and the end of last season, hired me to drive it.
    My deal was that I was on call all day to give rides to anyone who wanted a ride. I was at the track before 7 am to help with the driver instruction school as we had a lot of new track day drivers there, then we started giving rides at 10 am.
    It was great to see almost 50 CTS-V’s out for this event, especially in this economy.
    I was in the two-seat race car for over six hours - and it was over 90 degrees on that Monday. I think we made some more friends and hopefully helped Lindsay sell more cars. I can tell you six hours in that race car with no cooling, and not even an air duct, gave me a heck of a work out.
    I got out of Summit Point about 5:30 pm and started the 280 mile drive down to Virginia In’t Raceway in Danville, VA, right on the border with North Carolina – and by that, I mean right on the border. In fact, you cross the state line twice just driving into the property.
    I got into my hotel around 11 pm after stopping for dinner in the middle of nowhere along the way. The diner was excellent; I just couldn’t believe this place was attached to gas station and there was not even a village around.
    The lady and her sons running it had spinach salads, fresh fish and great soups. I loved it, and I needed it after that day.
    Not that you really need to know this, but I’ll tell you anyway in case you’re dropping off: I drank six bottles of water during the 280-mile drive from Summit Point to VIR and never needed to use the bathroom. This is not supposed to be impressive in the sense that I have a bladder the size of a fuel truck. It’s to let people know how fit you have to be in the race cars when doing endurance racing. I did drink several bottles of water during the day but still needed that much rehydration. And some people still think race driving is not a sport, yeah right!!"
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Very nice of him. !!

Nice plug for Lindsay.

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

So when do we have a track day at V.I.R.????

When you sign up for one. I'll be there next Mon/Tues with the Audi Owners Club and 4/23-24 with Trackdaze.com.

I think VIR's rental fee has to be significantly higher than Summit Point's, so I imagine it would be hard to swing VIR with the small group that the VDays attract.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    When you sign up for one. I'll be there next Mon/Tues with the Audi Owners Club and 4/23-24 with Trackdaze.com.

I think VIR's rental fee has to be significantly higher than Summit Point's, so I imagine it would be hard to swing VIR with the small group that the VDays attract.
    The SHO Convention is in NC this year, mainly to run at VIR. We have a single day, midweek and supposedly we break even, or close, if we can get 50 cars to sign up. I don't know who blew who to get that to happen, but I'm telling them to get more cars. 50 in total is going to be a ghost town on the track.

smbstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

any word yet on Pratt and Miller bringing the CTS-V racecar out for ride alongs? That is my deciding factor.

JUST confirmed. Cadillac will be at Vday5 with a 53' long V display AND a 2 seater show car/race car that SHOULD be available for hot lap rides with Andy Pilgrim (returning for his 4th Vday). more details soon
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.