Oxygen sensors question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Oxygen sensors question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The check engine light on my 05 CTS-V just came on with the following codes, P0155 and P0059. These are ...
    thecatalyst is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Oxygen sensors question

The check engine light on my 05 CTS-V just came on with the following codes, P0155 and P0059. These are both of the front 02 sensors. Is it normal for both sensors to go out at the same time or could something else be causing them to fail? I'd hate to replace them to have them fail again.

Also does anyone know the part numbers for the parts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: Oxygen sensors question

Quote Originally Posted by thecatalyst View Post
    The check engine light on my 05 CTS-V just came on with the following codes, P0155 and P0059. These are both of the front 02 sensors. Is it normal for both sensors to go out at the same time or could something else be causing them to fail? I'd hate to replace them to have them fail again.

Also does anyone know the part numbers for the parts?
    No those are both codes for the front O2's on bank 2 (passenger side). My guess is you just need to replace it and for that head on over to rockauto.com.

P0059 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 2 Sensor 1
    P0155 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1

GreySVO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to the forum and have owned my '06 V for a little over a year. Question about the O2 sensor... have any of you changed to improve performance due to age? I have 69,000 miles on mine, and have heard these sensors age and slow. Any recommendations on changing (I have no codes) and which brand to use?
    Thanks!

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

GreySVO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Thanks, good reading

And stick with OEM Bosch replacements.

thecatalyst is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Just a follow up. I changed out the oxygen sensor and reset the code. But the code keeps coming back. The car seems to be driving fine and I haven't noticed a degradation in fuel economy.

Any ideas as to what else could be causing this or what else to try?

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

I lost the passenger side front o2 sensor at about 70,000 miles, got the check engine light and gas mileage dropped about 2 mpg. I replaced both bank 1 and 2 at the same time to keep everything fresh. I have heard that these sensors "slow" down over time, so it seemed like the right thing to do to replace them together.

If you did replace the correct sensor and still have the cel, check the wiring for any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by thecatalyst View Post
    Just a follow up. I changed out the oxygen sensor and reset the code. But the code keeps coming back. The car seems to be driving fine and I haven't noticed a degradation in fuel economy.

Any ideas as to what else could be causing this or what else to try?
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    And stick with OEM Bosch replacements.
    Did you do this? The reason I said it was not because I own stock in Bosch but rather because people have had problems with non-OEM o2's.

If they are Bosch then my next step would be to monitor them switching while you idle and are up to temperature. To do this though you will need a scan tool. They should be switching from roughly 100mv to 900mv. If you see your bank 2 sensor (pass side) is static at like 450mv for instance then it needs replaced.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm sorry to hear the codes came back, thecatalyst! If they persist and a DIY fix isn't found, I hope you'll consider going to a dealership for a diagnosis. However, I see that the community members are already replying with helpful feedback, and I'm hoping a resolution is found quickly.

Please don't hesitate to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.