[New owner] 2007, Raven, 30k, Austin, stoked
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, [New owner] 2007, Raven, 30k, Austin, stoked in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys! This is your traditional newbie saying hi, been lurking here for about three months after I decided that ...
    DarthVadersV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Black

[New owner] 2007, Raven, 30k, Austin, stoked

Hey guys!

This is your traditional newbie saying hi, been lurking here for about three months after I decided that the CTS-V was the only car for me...had the opportunity to make offers on a G37, S4, 335i, and older E55 but ended up sticking with what stopped my heart everytime. I bought a 2007 Raven with 30k on the clock, one owner V1 from Sewell pre-owned in Plano, TX...for a bit below the listed sticker of 27,900. The 3-hour drive back to Austin was a bonding experience...I hardly touched the stereo, station-LS2 was all I needed.

So far this car is an epic replacement for my 97 Honda Prelude, 3x the performance with 2x the practicality and luxury...not to mention the fiance was sick of the ricer sport coupe. The sheer dichotomy of staring at the Cadillac wreath on the steering wheel while feeling the whole car shake from 8 giant pistons will probably captivate me forever, as lack of bluetooth is instantly forgotten each morning. The 2005 I test drove here at Covert Cadillac was abused and used up, with shot engine mounts (shake on shutdown), tranny bushings (even in gear the lever could be moved 6-7" side to side), and soft brakes...but showed me the potential, and when my 2007 showed up on Autotrader it was a no-brainer.

Glad to be here!

Anyways before I ramble longer...
    1) Any Austin-area V groups?
    2) Any experience with Falken 912 tires? 1st owner replaced good rubber with these...ugh
    3) Considering my first dollars spent to go to window tint, 3M clear "bra" up front, and a GMPP warranty. Any thoughts on good/bad for these?

Figured I lurked enough here to post and share some enthusiasm. Apologize for the length
    -Drew

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: [New owner] 2007, Raven, 30k, Austin, stoked

Welcome!

1) Don't know about any groups near you, but I do know a guy from near me moved there a couple of years ago. Don't see him chiming in on here, though.

2) Can't help.

3) In Austin? Yes on the tint. If your paint is still good in the front, then a clear bra is a very good idea. At 53k, my car's front looks virgin. Warranty? Meh.

Get a shifter. Best mod, IMHO. Search PISNUOFF for most economical solution.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Despite some light swirl marks, front paint is excellent. Bottom of lip is chewed up a bit, but I want to protect that black front-end against all the rocks and other bs flying around I35. The hood of my Prelude has been sandblasted with that over the years, want to cut that down for the black V.

I'll search and pm for shifter details, only real issue at this point is consistently finding 5th on downshifts from 6th...sometimes I miss that slight dogleg to the left, and my timing gets off. On the other hand getting a tighter pattern and solve any bushing problems at one time...sounds like a good idea, figured if I turned a wrench anywhere that'd be the place.

Thanks for the input

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Yeah get a PISNUOFF custom shifter...can't go wrong. Install isn't bad at all.

Welcome! 07 LS2 FTW!

lucasmartin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V LS7-Clutch, Blacked Out

Man I love the enthusiasm and felt the same exact way six months ago when I picked up my V. I'd say also get the CAGS eliminator if you still have the stock 1-4 skip shift. For everyday driving it is so much better. Definitely get that front end protected and post some pics when you can. Enjoy!

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Welcome and congrats on the new addition!

This is only my second car...first was a 97 Prelude and I leaned heavily on the forums there, but am glad to see the enthusiasm is higher here for a much more special car.

Anyone care to elaborate on why an ext warranty may not be a good idea? I guess the only thing that scares me is the infotainment system breaking (or letters wearing off), or climate control or one of those systems...compared to a merc or bmw, there's just not that much else to go wrong (powertrain warranty till Sept 2012.) Is GMPP the way to go?

So shifter, tint, clear bra...rockin.

I've got other questions but I'll search and go back to lurking. She's still brand new to me and I've already seen two V-posers, and some E430 "AMG" put it in park to gun the engine at me during a red light...seems every performance brand has posers. Anyone from Austin reading this, hit me up and let's play.

-Drew

Meant to add the 1-4 upshift hasn't bothered me a whole lot yet, trying to see where my avg mpg lands without too much effort. Leads me to ask...starting in second a really bad idea?

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVadersV View Post
    Meant to add the 1-4 upshift hasn't bothered me a whole lot yet, trying to see where my avg mpg lands without too much effort. Leads me to ask...starting in second a really bad idea?
    I don't think so...I start in second pretty much all the time. There is so much power you really don't need first unless you're really trying to tear off the line.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

The sheer dichotomy of staring at the Cadillac wreath on the steering wheel while feeling the whole car shake from 8 giant pistons will probably captivate me forever,
    congratulations. that is exactly what I felt. such a slick way to do 8 cylinders...

about the tires, I went with Goodyear Eagle GT's. I keep an extra flat kit in the trunk tub, slime brand. my V came with some... Costco brand tires, I forget what they were, it was bad.

I'm up in Killeen. Don't know of anything other than the Friday night meet in the Harker Heights Walmart parking lot starting at 7 pm. ZR1's and things. everyone travels in packs by car type. not so much groups, but gangs. tilted kilt afterward and whatnot. I'll try to go this Friday and take pics... get a clear idea what the crowd is like. I've never been but I've been invited a couple times.

joo mean like dees and dees?

Fastone27 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan, 08 SRX4

Welcome Drew! I felt and still do feel the same way you did. I've only had mine a couple of months and can't wait to get in every morning for work and the drive home . Even though I'm only about 5 miles from my work. Mines an all Black loaded 07 as well. I feel like i got a screamin deal on mine paying $23,500. It has 52,k on it and is almost perfect, except like yours i really need to have it buffed. These forums are invaluble and i find myself on here at least one or twice a day.In order of mods for the car or really they are considered "fixes" i guess But the cags eliminator was my first, then probably the rear axles to eliminate wheel hop witch you will soon find is a big prob with these beasts! Our 07's have the improved rea rbut still have horrible wheel hop!Good luck with the new ride your going to be wearing a chit eatin grin every time you get in it! Tom.

Scott96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 black raven CTS-V

I'm doing the same with mine. Its going to be a DD but I live about 2 miles from where I work. My lease on my 08 Malibu isn't up until May so I'm only driving my V1 when I feel like it. I've lurked here for a while too and been a part of the Camaro community for nearly 10 years. I like this site and the enthusiasm about the car. Its nice to be on board and see more people joining the community as well.

Cadillac6sp is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sewell Plano services my V for non warranty work from back when it was new, service dept is great. I am sure they looked it over with a fine tooth comb. I saw that car in lot, looked clean..congrats.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Give it some time....when you need to shift to 2nd while turning or avoiding traffice....you'll know why....<$20 CAGS gone...do it.....

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

Welcome, Drew. I just bought mine in Austin about a month ago. Actually looked at the V you bought at Sewell as well. Great car! Next time you're in San Antonio (or at the Raceway) let me know! I've got a few friends in Austin that get together every now and then. They all drive Z06s...close enough!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.