Took my bone stock 2007 CTS-V to the track today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Took my bone stock 2007 CTS-V to the track today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; First i wanted to say hi to everyone here, this is my first post....Was a mustang guy for about 10 ...
    Mangtas83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Cool Took my bone stock 2007 CTS-V to the track today

First i wanted to say hi to everyone here, this is my first post....Was a mustang guy for about 10 years and have owned several mustangs but about 3 months ago i picked a black on black 2007 CTS-V and i have been loving it so far, the car is stock with 35k miles on it. Wasnt too sure what to expect, i been looking at magazine times but wanted to get a base line run myself before i get a couple things done to it. It was about 82 F and 15mph headwind, so not the best conditions but what can ya do
    My best run was as follows
    60'- 2.138
    330- 5.727
    1/8-8.615
    mph 85.49
    1/4-13.168
    mph- 108.03

I did get a 2.009 60FT once but missed a gear on that run, just as i figured out the launch points i had ran out of gas, so i didnt feel like driving back cause gas station was like 10 miles away....Would be intresting to see if i got it down to a 1.9 60FT even in this 80 degree weather and headwind i think i could have gotten a 12.9.
    What have you guys ran in your stock 2004-2008 CTS-Vs? is this a pretty good time?
    Lots of people came up to me to talk about the car, everyone kept saying how their so rare
    Love this thing! i may go back next week if its cooler, i think this thing has 12s in it bone stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Re: Took my bone stock 2007 CTS-V to the track today

That's either a fast car or a fast track. At the upper end of stock times.

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

those are good times for you first time out for sure

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    That's either a fast car or a fast track. At the upper end of stock times.
    really? i thought 13.1 was average haha...well i do drive the piss out of it, powershifting every gear, and i would say im a good driver. Whats average for a stock cts-v in that generation? I just started reading the Cadillac message boards a few days ago and havent really seen anyone post any times of their stock cars. I am a 10yr member on a mustang message board but im just now starting to peek around the Cadi boards lol

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

That is one of the best stock times i've seen.

I have not taken it to the 1/4 mile but most are mid 13s. Check out dragtimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    That is one of the best stock times i've seen.

I have not taken it to the 1/4 mile but most are mid 13s. Check out dragtimes.com
    wow thats pretty cool haha, yeah it looks like 13.3 and up is the norm, so im really happy with my times now. Just wish i hadnt ran out of gas because towards the end i was starting to figure out the launch, riding the clutch out of the hole at about 3000rpms seemed to work the best and i got a 2.0 60FT on my last run, but the "low fuel " light had been on 3 runs at the time so i didnt want to risk it and went home...Whats the best time you've seen?

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

very nice times!, this spring im takin my 06 bolt on v back to the track in high hopes for mids 12s with my new clutch setup

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

I think I've seen two people post up 12s when they were stock (and they posted their timeslips). I think you have to be a super driver with the stars aligned to get in the 12s with a stock V1. I think your 13.1 is VERY good.

The 12s I saw were like 12.98 with sub 2.0 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I think I've seen two people post up 12s when they were stock (and they posted their timeslips). I think you have to be a super driver with the stars aligned to get in the 12s with a stock V1. I think your 13.1 is VERY good.

The 12s I saw were like 12.98 with sub 2.0 60s.
    thats bad ass, now im almost tempted not to mod it and wait for cooler weather hahah...i kept launching it at about 2500 and feathering the clutch and kept getting 2.1 60FTs, a mustang guy suggested i launch higher and just ride the clutch, i did that and got a few 2.0 60FTs but messed up the shifts on those runs. I need one more trip to the track, i think i got the launch down a bit better and im pretty confident i can get a 12 sec slip, especially if its not 80 degrees out

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

good runs, you can see some of the other people who have run their v1's here...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/cadill...time-list.html

[QUOTE=liqidvenom;2502993]good runs, you can see some of the other people who have run their v1's here...

Pretty sweet, i am so glad i got this car....and to think i was gonna get a H2 hummer instead

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

You don't say anything about wheelhop. Were you able to avoid it by slipping the clutch?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    You don't say anything about wheelhop. Were you able to avoid it by slipping the clutch?
    it wheelhopped like a bitch almost every run, but slipping the clutch at a higher rpm seemed to work better...Although i smelled clutch after one of the runs, so i dont know if its worth it

also, do they make aftermarket shifters for this thing? im sure they do, but whats the favororite amongst you guys? My last car was a 04 mustang with a pro 5.0 shifter and its almost impossible to miss a gear with that, this shifter is so sloppy compared to that ( one of my 2 complaints about this car other than the handbreak release being so close to the hood latch). It just feels so unstable, i need to do something about that....I was powershifing on every run and missed 2nd and 4th several times, which those gears you should never miss with a descent shifter....

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Get Pisnuoff's (Brian's) custom short shifter along with uuc shifter bushings:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...g-process.html

His custom shifter is awesome, doesn't transmit any additional noise like some of the aftermarket ones can, has the shortest throw, and a great price. Well worth the wait.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.