Please help - widest tire possible on Linea Corse 19x10???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Please help - widest tire possible on Linea Corse 19x10??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What is the widest tire I can run in the rear on a Linea Corse 19 x 10? I don't ...
    sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Please help - widest tire possible on Linea Corse 19x10???

What is the widest tire I can run in the rear on a Linea Corse 19 x 10? I don't want to rub at all.

Thanks! I am going to order these tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Without changing anything else, I've read that 275's are as wide as you wanna go in the back. Wider will likely hit trailing arms and/or rub fenders extreme circumstances. 245's for the front.

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Please help - widest tire possible on Linea Corse 19x10???

Hey guys,

I am actually getting the new Linea Corse LC855's (same dimensions as the corse's mentioned above, Front: 19x8.5 6x115 with a +40mm offset, Rear: 19x10 6x115 with a +47mm offset). I would love to get 285's on the back, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Any advice? Will 285's fit with a stock ride height without rub.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

At stock ride height I would say yes. Plan on running some decent negative camber.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

These Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS tires might work: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=147

Since I don't need A/S, I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 245/40ZR19 (front) and 275/35ZR19 (rear), 26.7" dia and 26.6" dia, respectively.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sciroccokid View Post
    Hey guys,

I am actually getting the new Linea Corse LC855's (same dimensions as the corse's mentioned above, Front: 19x8.5 6x115 with a +40mm offset, Rear: 19x10 6x115 with a +47mm offset). I would love to get 285's on the back, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Any advice? Will 285's fit with a stock ride height without rub.
    i run 285s on 10.5 rear tucking, but my forged wheel has a very aggressive offset. from what i've seen thread after thread these lineas aren't exactly offset friendly... meaning many have posted 275s rubbing lowered or OEM height.

JSR
    JSR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I currently run 275's on my Corsa's at stock ride height with no rub. I plan to go to a 285 and lower it 1" (GC). Taking a look in there I may have to roll the inside of the fender but it should clear. Any lower than 285 and I'd say its a gamble.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    I currently run 275's on my Corsa's at stock ride height with no rub. I plan to go to a 285 and lower it 1" (GC). Taking a look in there I may have to roll the inside of the fender but it should clear. Any lower than 285 and I'd say its a gamble.
    Do you already have offset trailing arms installed? If not, I'm surprised. Take some aggressive corners with your radio off and windows up; I bet if you're on OEM trailing arms, they're rubbing on the inner wheel lip.
    As for lowering, I think you'll definitely need to roll the fenders to put 285's back there. My 275's are a bit cut up from hitting my fender lip at the 2 o'clock (pass side) and 10 o'clock (driver side) positions. It was really bad with the drop from h&r springs, but even with them shimmed up to result in about a good inch total drop, they still hit the fender lips on big, sudden bumps/dips.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

^^^ Good info.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.