Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Ring and Amsterdam w/ LOTS OF PICS!!!!

59K views 491 replies 48 participants last post by  mberisha 
#1 ·
Well the weather finally broke and I was able to check out the Ring on my way to Amsterdam this past week!

Unfortunately the track was closed until March for repairs....but I was able to finally see what all the rave was about....and yes gentlemen....it is true!

Enjoy the pics!

See less See more
#311 ·
I looked under the V today....and it looked like the plastic cover under the front fascia for the air damn was hanging way down.....

Well....when I crawled underneath...I notice about 50% of the "plastic rivets" were either REALLY loose or missing.....

Mstrjon32.....is this what you "lost" on the AutoBahn when you had the speedo pegged a few months ago?

I think when I was racing with that Porsche on the way back from the 'Ring.....all the constant airflow blasting the front end loosened it all up (about 30mins of plus 135mph).....

Oh....makes the 100mile trip back home from the 'Ring go really fast!

......some handy dandy zip ties before I cut off the excess.....

#313 ·
Happened to my V2 at VIR. The base of my hood, by the windshield, started fluttering. My undertray was only attached by the chin spoiler and created turbulence up and through the engine bay. I had to use some spare pushpins and ziptie up the rest. But, it works...

#314 ·
DAMN..... I bought my V used and I didn't even know there was supposed to be anything there because I don't have one. Ignorance was bliss, now I have one more thing on my list to buy from Luke.

#315 ·
Ok gentlemen....the 'Ring has a Aston Martin Taxi that takes you around the track in a no kidding real deal race car for 295 Euro.....

I need some help justifying this to myself....is a ~8min lap (IN TRAFFIC) around the 'Ring in a race car worth it....and if soooo.....need ammo to "persuade" my fiancé....

See below...let me know...

P.S. Mstrjon32.....are you in?

#316 · (Edited)
#319 ·
Just found this YouTube vid.....sets the stage of WHY the crash happened.....

Really....construction on the 'Ring while it's an open Sunday session?

Mstrjon32....seriously...can you believe that?!? If we would have been cruising....I think we would have made #9 and #10.....

If the 'Ring Taxi couldn't avoid it....wow.....

#324 ·
Saw this on Jalopnik. I was even thinking about a trip to the ring on that day. I'm not so much shocked by the accident as I am by the fact they set up a construction zone with barely any warning in the middle of a high-speed corner. What did they think was going to happen?

#325 ·
I found this on a 'Ring site.....what it costs to wreck your car at Nurburgring:

• Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
• Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
• Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
• Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
• Replacing armco post: €39 each
• Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
• Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
• Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)
• Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)
Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT

....at least $5,000....not to include your car and the other cars that you may or may not hit.......

#329 ·
In fact, German insurance covers all of those expenses...provided you aren't participating in a "racing event". I know someone who crashed and damaged the track and it was all covered. If you have ADAC, they'll even tow you off the track for "free." On tourist days, the Nordschleife is not considered a race track, but a limited access public toll road.

Now...UK insurance, on the other hand...does not cover incidents on the "track." And, I do see quite a few yellow plates involved...so some of these guys might be hurting...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.