Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Ring and Amsterdam w/ LOTS OF PICS!!!!

59K views 491 replies 48 participants last post by  mberisha 
#1 ·
Well the weather finally broke and I was able to check out the Ring on my way to Amsterdam this past week!

Unfortunately the track was closed until March for repairs....but I was able to finally see what all the rave was about....and yes gentlemen....it is true!

Enjoy the pics!

See less See more
#266 ·
Awesome dude!!!! HHAHAHahahah....I told him he was never going to get it for $26k....I even offered him $21k....and he said hell know!

BTW...when I talked to him...he only had the car in country for a short time.....and was CERTAIN he could get $26k for her!

Congrats on the purchase....he could've sold it 4 months ago if he would have taken my $21k!

#276 ·
Well we hit the 'Ring today....I'll let Mstrjon32 do the talking :worship: .....here are some pics....

I'm uploading the vid right now...more to follow....

The MOST incredible cruise of my life....hands down!!!!!!

This was my G-Meter for my lap....wait till you see mstrjon32's......

#293 ·
FYI: That was actually closer to a 9:10...I was running my mouth and didn't hit the timer start until a few seconds after the bridge. Nevertheless, it was my fastest lap ever (even with totally duffing that one corner) and I had 4 people in the car, so I probably could have broken into the 8's unladen. It was also my last lap of the day, I was feeling a bit under the weather that day and wasn't as enthusiastic about doing lap after lap as I might usually be.

Getting anywhere near the car's magazine time would be very, very hard. Those times are done on an empty track, so there is no need to pull over for faster cars or try and get around the slower ones, which results in lost time. Second is to get those really fast times you have to be pretty much completely fearless, and there are some scary sections of the track where you're pretty much supposed to keep the power completely on and come over a blind hill at 140+...and I just don't have the cojones (or the skill) for that. :)

A set of stickier tires and maybe some FG2's would do wonders for how much speed I could carry through the corners...but eh, it's still plenty of fun on the all seasons...

#294 ·
Unfortunately what the video (which I didn't know was running until we were almost done...otherwise I'd have spared you all the dorky, nasal comments...) doesn't capture are the incredible noises coming from the back seat. mberisha's lady really "enjoyed" the ride...lots of heavy breathing and gasping. You can see a pretty good look of fear in her face in the photo of my car...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.