The Ring and Amsterdam w/ LOTS OF PICS!!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, The Ring and Amsterdam w/ LOTS OF PICS!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CancerJCC Might want to get yourself a cheap code scanner and look at what code(s) you have. ...
    mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Re: The Ring and Amsterdam w/ LOTS OF PICS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Might want to get yourself a cheap code scanner and look at what code(s) you have. Could be a multitude of things that I personally would want to fix especially when maintaining those speeds sustained.

FYI A bluetooth OBDII module (ebay) and the app Torque will set you back $30ish and can reset/scan codes plus monitor all OBDII operations like IAT's, ECT's, O2 rich to lean switch rates etc etc. Cheap and very valuable tool that everybody ought to have.
    Wow...didn't realize they were so cheap....the light just popped on during this trip and that was the longest sustained that I ran it....plus it was VERY humid and raining on an off so I didn't think to much of it.

I'm definitely gonna get one and figure it out...the first & last time it popped on was in August after I had it in a KC shop getting the Navi replaced, an alignment and an oil change. When I pulled it off the lot it popped on...I went back in and they ran it and said it was a rich code caused by....yup...you guessed it.....the typical dealer answer....the K&N filter and the Borla catback. They reset it....I argured with them....but didn't have the time. I drove it to St. Loius the next day to get the V put on a ship to come over here to Germany. BTW....no codes were thrown on the 400 mile drive down I-70.

Needless to say....now you got me thinking....

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Yeah get that code checked out, then MOAR!

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

great thread! thanks for sharing, i have always wanted to drive on the bahn,period and you have done it in the very:jealous:

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    great thread! thanks for sharing, i have always wanted to drive on the bahn,period and you have done it in the very:jealous:
    Thanks...however I didn't get a chance to actually drive the track due to maintenance....

I talked with the M-Series club here on base and they are doing a club tour on the Ring next month and I'm gonna jump in their rodeo....

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Wow...didn't realize they were so cheap....the light just popped on during this trip and that was the longest sustained that I ran it....plus it was VERY humid and raining on an off so I didn't think to much of it.

I'm definitely gonna get one and figure it out...the first & last time it popped on was in August after I had it in a KC shop getting the Navi replaced, an alignment and an oil change. When I pulled it off the lot it popped on...I went back in and they ran it and said it was a rich code caused by....yup...you guessed it.....the typical dealer answer....the K&N filter and the Borla catback. They reset it....I argured with them....but didn't have the time. I drove it to St. Loius the next day to get the V put on a ship to come over here to Germany. BTW....no codes were thrown on the 400 mile drive down I-70.

Needless to say....now you got me thinking....
    Hmmm If you are only getting the code periodically it could be a lazy O2 sensor that isn't switching from rich to lean fast enough and thus indication a rich condition when none is present. Of course a good way to check that is with a scanner! O2's should move from next to 0 mv up to 900 mv nearly every second and keep repeating. If you see one that is moving slower than the other you know you have to replace it sooner rather than later. (O2's control your part throttle fueling).

Hmmm If you are only getting the code periodically it could be a lazy O2 sensor that isn't switching from rich to lean fast enough and thus indication a rich condition when none is present. Of course a good way to check that is with a scanner! O2's should move from next to 0 mv up to 900 mv nearly every second and keep repeating. If you see one that is moving slower than the other you know you have to replace it sooner rather than later. (O2's control your part throttle fueling).
    Is this the right scanner?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hotte...mZ320587143141

Yep. Notice its from Hong Kong though so plan shipping time accordingly. I myself got mine from HK but didn't care about a 3-4 week ship time. They are all the same unit but just re-badged and where they are shipped from so if you wanna pay a bit more you can get it quicker...

gsx-lex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cts-V

I'm so jealous right now...

Yep. Notice its from Hong Kong though so plan shipping time accordingly. I myself got mine from HK but didn't care about a 3-4 week ship time. They are all the same unit but just re-badged and where they are shipped from so if you wanna pay a bit more you can get it quicker...
    Awesome....thanks....just order'd it....and yup...I did notice the shipping time....arghhhh......

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I ordered mine from Brooklyn and had it in 3 days. Now I have an accurate boost gauge...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I ordered mine from Brooklyn and had it in 3 days. Now I have an accurate boost gauge...
    I got an idea...why don't you grab one for me....jump on a flight to Frankfurt....and I'll pick you up at the airport....we'll scan that code really quick and figure it out.....and then I can show you around the Ring? Deal?

Btw....my girl has some friends that want to head to the Ring to check it out too....

Awesome....thanks....just order'd it....and yup...I did notice the shipping time....arghhhh......
    N/P.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Yeah there are US distributors on ebay as well but they charge a bit more.

BTW I am jealous you have a stock PCM and 2 bar MAP to display such information. I need to get myself a 2 bar MAP and wire it into my HP Tuners to see what I am getting...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I got an idea...why don't you grab one for me....jump on a flight to Frankfurt....and I'll pick you up at the airport....we'll scan that code really quick and figure it out.....and then I can show you around the Ring? Deal?

Btw....my girl has some friends that want to head to the Ring to check it out too....
    Very tempting...

QUOTE=thebigjimsho;2500561]Very tempting... [/QUOTE]

So what time does your flight arrive.....3 day weekend!

ajjones44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

mberisha,

I am glad I checked out the V1 forums....you guys have move going on the the V2 side. I would love you link up with you sometime late spring to hit the ring. I am down in Stuttgart and have been waiting for the weather the clear myself....that and the fact I tore my knee snowboarding.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.