Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Ring and Amsterdam w/ LOTS OF PICS!!!!

59K views 491 replies 48 participants last post by  mberisha 
#1 ·
Well the weather finally broke and I was able to check out the Ring on my way to Amsterdam this past week!

Unfortunately the track was closed until March for repairs....but I was able to finally see what all the rave was about....and yes gentlemen....it is true!

Enjoy the pics!

See less See more
#5 ·

On our way to Amsterdam....btw...this was the V's first ferry ride....needless to say...we were both a little scared....;>

Check out the elevation.......

Only in Amsterdam can a Porsche and a Bentley pull up to you at a stop light and point at you as much as you are pointing and smiling at their rides....God Bless Detroit Muscle!

Videos to shortly follow......

#6 ·
Cool pics man...thanks for sharing. I'd like to see the vidz

#11 ·
Nice pics! I can't wait for you to take the V on the ring...If I'm not mistaken it would be the only (published) video of it's kind in existence correct? If they allow people to follow each other down the track it would be nice to see the perspective from a trailing car as well as your in car video, meshed together..

Do you have any shots in town amongst a sea of bmws etc? I like seeing the V in bavarian settings.

Ps, Do you have a shot of just the nurburgring sign and the V? Thats a gteat pic. The current pic is fine of course, I just want one for a desktop :)

Any autobahn videos yet?

That's all the questions I have lol.

#15 ·
+1 on the autobahn pics

#12 ·
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

#14 ·
Aw, the attractive fräulein that we discussed!!! Very nice pics, bud!!!!

#20 ·
Sweet pics! Thanks for sharing them. BTW Your CEL is on...

#24 ·
Hahah...she's not German....she's from the good 'ole U.S & A! What's funny is that the Germans over here think she is Russian....who would have "thunk it?"

Nonetheless.....she digs fast cars (especially the V) and the Red Light District.....God Bless American Chicks! :lildevil:

#33 ·
great thread! thanks for sharing, i have always wanted to drive on the bahn,period and you have done it in the :v:very:jealous:

#45 ·
mberisha,

I am glad I checked out the V1 forums....you guys have move going on the the V2 side. I would love you link up with you sometime late spring to hit the ring. I am down in Stuttgart and have been waiting for the weather the clear myself....that and the fact I tore my knee snowboarding.

#46 ·
Wow....I had no idea there was a V2 that close to me over here...looking forward to linking up!

BTW...if the weather is nice on Sat or Sun (supposed to be 45-50 and no rain)....I plan on throwing some coats of Zaino on the V and hitting the Hooters in Neunkirchen....near Saarbruken...about 30 mins west of me and about 10 mins from France.

http://www.hooters-neunkirchen.de/

I know that's a little ways for you....but you could make a day out of it and hit the "Big BX in the Sky" at Ramstien while you are down this way? I'll PM you.....

#47 ·
I went to a car detailing place today to get an estimate for a small scratch on my buddy's 135i M.....and to my amazement he really had some nice cars in he tiny "hole-in-the-wall" shop.

BTW....the old German guy only uses Swizol wax and did a small demo of how he applies the wax on my buddy's hood....pretty impressive stuff....has anyone ever used the wax?

Anyways....below are some pics of the shop and the cars....enjoy.....

The Audi had a real carbon fiber rear diffuser....pretty impressive....

Notice the real carbon fiber hood on the M3?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.