Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Ring and Amsterdam w/ LOTS OF PICS!!!!

59K views 491 replies 48 participants last post by  mberisha 
#1 ·
Well the weather finally broke and I was able to check out the Ring on my way to Amsterdam this past week!

Unfortunately the track was closed until March for repairs....but I was able to finally see what all the rave was about....and yes gentlemen....it is true!

Enjoy the pics!

See less See more
#427 ·
^^^^ haha...ok...I'll give you that.

Bottomline though....at Adenauer....the cars ALWAYS get bunched up...so by default it slows us down.....where as through Wersefhein....the cars move so smoothly that it "feels" faster since you usually don't have traffic and have a great acceleration and grip out since all the suspension is compressed and you can mash the throttle for the right turn back up into the forest.....

As for the professional drivers on a closed track that have 1000 of laps under their belt....concur wholeheartedly....as for the "weekend 'Ring racer" who has to drive in traffic (w/motorcycles, buses, minivans, GTRs, Porsches, M3 etc...) and that still has to drive their car home and get to work the next morning in their V......Adenauer is the slowest for me.....

Sounds like you know the course well from personal experience....or read a lot...or play GT 4 a lot...either way....thanks for the info.....

#428 ·
I'd agree that Werseifhen is a slower corner--I've never gone through there faster than I have at Adenauer. What makes Adenauer scarier is that since it's blind and you have less force against the turn, it's easier to push through there if you come in too fast. Last year I went through the grass at Adenauer and it was on a warm-up lap and I wasn't pushing at 100%, but the track was cold (32*F) and I just didn't have enough grip. This isn't usually a problem at Werseifhen since you've got the force of braking pushing down on the front end.

Or something.

#433 ·
Good luck with the move!

#434 ·
Thanks...get married on Sat...and fly back to Germany Tuesday.....have the movers on the 18th of June in Germany....fly to D.C. for a week conference Jun 24-Jul 1...fly back to Germany on the 2 Jul....and than fly back to Springfield Jul 16....pick up the truck and the "'ole ladies" car and make the trek out west to hopefully get to Sac-Town by the 22 of July......AND than take command of the unit on the 23rd.....

Arghhh....wish me luck....

#445 ·
I thought you guys would get a kick out of this...flew back to the states yesterday for a conference for the week at Langley AFB....and Enterprise rented me a "Race Red" Prius with Eco Boost for the week.....:thumbsup:

What a change from running the V in the Alps...now I'm racing a Prius up I-64! :bigroll:

#448 ·
Hahaha....no doubt....that is some funney sh&t.....

That Prius "sum-of-a-bitch" got us 43mpg traveling three round-trips to VA Beach while we were done there......

I was in the fast lane pegging the Prius next to about 90mph+ passing cars.....I could only imagine what the Rustangs and Slow-Maros drivers were cussing when I passed them.....

#449 ·
Do it....in ANY car...most incredible track in the world.....and the most friendly people you will EVER meet......

However....the second that you think you are going "fast" in the turns.....goodnight....it'll be over. Bottomline: A very humbling track.....drive smart....and drive safely......hope to see you all add your experiences to this thread!

#450 ·
....Last order of business.....

Just picked up the second set of V rims I had painted almost 15 months ago.......yes I know....I let them sit at the shop that long.....

But than again....they are 6-lug CTS rims....good luck for the shop to find a match in Germany to to sell them too (John...good thing you didn't know)!

Anyways....sorry for the sh*tty iPhone pics....but I had them painted Mercedes-Benz Black with a the Mercedes "flake" added (according to the German painter d00d) for 200 Euro.

The bride getting the rims ready to ship.....I LOVE being married! :stirpot:

#451 ·
Had a chance to go out with a friend of mine who has a new M3 and do some laps at the ring. The Saturn needs badly needs a brake upgrade and some new tires, but I still managed to get it around pretty well. Probably will take the V next time, just got some new bushings and end links today that should tighten things up. Enjoy!

My friend following me in the M3:

Another lap from the Sky:

#454 ·
John.....check out my new plate from the DMV in Germany that I put on in the shipping yard in Oakland! "Mer-i-Ca"!

Haha...CHiPs had no idea what the hell they were looking at....

BTW....$5 can get the car wash for 20 MINS in Vacaville, CA!!!! I was paying 2 Euro a min ($3) in Ramstien for the Power Washer!

GOD BLESS THE U S and A!!!!!!:usflag:

#458 ·
Yeah, it really gives the struts on the passenger side a good workout. The pic was taken by one of the many track photographers, I've never bought one before but this one was too awesome to not get. Unfortunately it clearly shows where I squashed the lower trim with the lift...oops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.