I'm doin' it... I pick up my 2006 CTS-V on February 11th, weather permitting :)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I'm doin' it... I pick up my 2006 CTS-V on February 11th, weather permitting :) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well, I am going for it... I found a nice 2006 V in Denver, Infrared, light interior (tan or cream, ...
    mmayzak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 InfraRed/Cashmere CTS-V with Cali Emmissions (1 of 15)

I'm doin' it... I pick up my 2006 CTS-V on February 11th, weather permitting :)

Well, I am going for it... I found a nice 2006 V in Denver, Infrared, light interior (tan or cream, I can't tell), 20,800 miles on it. Recent powersteering pump replacment, recent rear end replacement (like 6K miles ago).

Looks like the second set of tires on it already...

Clean Car fax... (I know that's a gamble anyway).

The dealer is having the windows 'medium' tinted for me... at cost.

Wish me luck fellas, I am stepping into the big pond now.

Here is an old posting for it:

http://denver.ebayclassifieds.com/m/ViewLargeImage?adid=7692685&index=0

Oklahoma is getting another V!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Nice! I was gonna tell you to check the price for a 3yr 45k ext warranty, instead of the 2 yr. Rates are cheaper because of those low miles and when averaged out the cost won't be much more..i snagged mine for just north of 2k.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: I'm doin' it... I pick up my 2006 CTS-V on February 11th, weather permitting :)

If you're in the Oklahoma City area (I don't recall if you said), you've got a ten hour drive ... normally.

BUT, you're going to be in a V. Should take the better part of six.

j/k Good luck! Enjoying your bonding experience!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Re: I'm doin' it... I pick up my 2006 CTS-V on February 11th, weather permitting :)

congrats on the new purchase.

Thanks for the tip, I opted for the 3 year warranty... $10 extra a month... I sense the dealer will meet me part of the way.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Huh, it looks like the pillars and headliner are light colored. Did that change for '06? I looked at a Redline '05 with the light interior, but one of the things that was a little odd was that the headliner and pillars were still grey.

17 days.... tic tic tic... I am looking VERY forward to driving my "New to Me" Cadillac CTS-V!

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Congrats!!! I'm hoping to be joining you and having my own "new to me" first drive soon. Just gotta find the right car first...

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    Congrats!!! I'm hoping to be joining you and having my own "new to me" first drive soon. Just gotta find the right car first...
    Another Purdue guy?

I went there for engineering (didn't have my V at the time). We had another member on here, SkullV, who went to Purdue as well (he was in the Skull fraternity and had a red V).

mhemsley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Very nice car! I'm in the process of looking for a nice V with less than 50,000 miles. Thought I found one at about the max I wanted to pay, but the price the dealer listed was before all the add-ons - destination charge, processing fee, etc. Added nearly another $1000, and they're not interested in dealing to get a sale, even though the car is listed at the high end of the scale without the additional charges.

So, I'm still looking, but I've learned a lesson about dealer tactics - ask what the real price is not what they put in their ads.

Have fun driving that nice car home!

Mike

I have been hitting the big car boards & ebay for a while now, cars.com and autotrader.com when this copy came up I JUMPED on it - due to the year and mileage... they took care of all the financing stuff (I get the docs today), and they are picking me and my wife up at the Denver airport! All we have to do is bring our down payment and we're on our way - no hassles!

Being there are so few of these out there you have to be OK with looking around the region/country for one.... you're V is out there!

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

congrats on the buy! I just posted a few days after you-bought the infrared 06 on eBay with 3800 miles for 26K. I looked into one warranty, heard the ad on Howard Stern on Sirius. They wanted 3g's for 4 year with $100 deductible, if I remember correctly. Someone I work with pointed out "three thousand dollars will buy a lot of repairs," so I skipped it for now. Good luck with your new V

I ended up getting a Zurich warranty... 3 years, 36K miles, $100 deductable which also includes rental car. Right at $3K... my thought was it's MUCH cheaper than a major engine or rear end replacement. I feel pretty good about my deal... plus I free 3 months worth of Xm and Onstar! Woo Hoo.

I can't wait to pick up my V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.