Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hankook V12 review

6K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  MLEO 
#1 ·
Ive had them on for about 4-500 miles or so. I would put them at a 9-10 for the type of tire that they are. All vibration went away and they stick pretty nicely. The only downside is that I noticed the sidewalls are pretty soft so you gotta up your PSI a little, unless your in high temp weather.

I dont know if just me, but I am running 245-40-19 and 275-35-19 and the rears seem way skinnier than my previous dunlop sport maxx setup. As far as tread goes, it's a little busy, but im used to it now.

We actually did have a little bit of rain here in california recently after I put them on and yet to say, I didnt take them to what I could have;but they did very good for me in the rain. Especially since im not always conservative on the gas pedal

One downfall the price is pretty steep at $915 for all 4. But that was with the mount and balance and warranty, and the bla bla bla crap they tell you your getting with them

All in all, I would highly reccomend them to someone who is looking for a "summer performance tire". If anyone else has these or had experience with these/problems, chime in
Thanks,
Ryan

See less See more
#8 ·
I love them also. I had the KDWs before. They were a good tire, but got loud as hell. I don't have many miles on the v12's yet, but so far so good. 2nd that the sidewalls want more psi. I went 255 all the way around (i like to rotate my tires). I got an alignment when I had them put on and don't think that I paid $900 total.

#14 ·
BTW, why do you have so many weights on that wheel? Its seems excessive.
I'm guessing he has that many weights on that wheel because that's what it took to balance it. :p Just depends on the wheel and the tire. I'm guessing the CCW wheel isn't at fault, but some tires take more weight than others to balance. I have even more weight than that on one or two of my wheels; in my case I think at least some of it is due to the quality of the wheels (Linea Corses - they're pretty, but they're cheap).

#15 ·
:coffee: When the wheel weights become excessive, the tire shop should break the bead & rotate the tire 180*, then rebalance.
The shop does not want to put in the extra time & labor charge to do that,
as most of them are trying to move cars through the shop quickly.
So, instruct them of your wishes before they start the job. They will be 'happy' :rolleyes: to charge you 'extra'.

Oh, I have Hankook tires. 255/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.
:bouncy: They hookup much better than stock. :burn:

#16 ·
Great pix, and love the wheels ;)

#18 ·
"breaking the bead" is a term used for separating the tire from the rim. This is done on a tire machine. The tire is then rotated to a different position on the rim ( it does not have to be 180* ) then, the tire is refilled with air or nitrogen and rebalanced.
Some tires, regardless of being new, can be slightly heavier in some spots and the same applies to the wheel.
Both wheel and tire can also be slightly 'out-of-round' in more than one plane.
Should both these conditions 'line up', then a few grams or ounces becomes many pounds during centripetal force.
A good tire balancer will remove the side-to-side and up-and-down forces in play.

#20 ·
What about the Hankook RS-3?

I know the old RH06 were amazin on my tahoe, wet or dry...

The Proxy 4 are slightly better then the TR-1 for they have wider blocks for better cornerin. Also in the wet stand back, rooster tail over 60mph with aggressive spoiler...

The Toyo R888 are great summer tires, but only in the dry...Wet they slip too much, scared me on a corner when i had to brake for the slow poke infront...

The GoodYear F1 all seasons are great off the track, but on the track they stink. Understeerin and plenty of slip on the staights when you pound the gas...

I have a set of RS-3 for my new wheels, 275/35R18 and 305/35R19 and got them for they have some wet grip that was backed up by third party testing...Now if only the guy in shippin would do his job when i tell him to, i would have gotten my wheels on time...

HRE C21 with full Ti hardware...

#21 ·
Toyo T1-Rs are an ultra-HP summer tire, and the Proxes 4s are an all-season tire, there is no comparison between them. You are greivously wrong, the T1-Rs are a much higher performing tire than the other.

#24 ·
I've seriously pushed the V12's on my V, they stick like crazy. The side wall transmits so much less than other tires the make you think they're soft, but they're not. So I'm happy with the dry traction and handling. They are head and shoulders above the PS2's they replaced in the rain and damn near = dry. One side effect though, I'm not sure why but I don't feel as confident on the V12's as the PS2's. That said, I haven't lost control at all with the V12's, outstanding tire and I will buy them again.

#32 ·
Interesting you like the V12's better than the PS2's. I haven't tried the V12s, but I have a set of PS2s on my Q45 (245-40-18). I like the fact that the michelin's are quiet and overall have a nice quiet and smooth ride.. I haven't found that the PS2's lose control, I had my Q on the track a year or 2 ago and barreling through the corners hardly heard any squeal or understeer.

Michelin's are also known for being quiet and very grippy even down to the wear bars. Interested to see how you guys like the V12s after they are down to about half tread, seeing if they get noisy or lose a considerable amount of traction. Many tires I've seen perform great at the beginning and then their performance, ride, and noise deteriorate as they wear.

I have a set of continental DWS all seasons on there right now, not nearly as grippy as I want but thats what you get for an all season. I've wanted to try the goodyear F1 GS-D3's, I've heard good reviews about those.

#30 ·
Sunny and 75 degrees here in So. Cal.

#28 ·
I have them on my STS-V and love them. They are wearing much better than the stock Pirelli runcraps and quiet as can be. I have about 5K on them now.

#31 ·
I just removed my first set of the Hankook Ventus V12 tires. They lasted 17,000 miles and were not completely toast when I took them off.

I got another set of them, good stuff.

#34 ·
The PS2's AND the V12's are both better than the GSD3's I had some years back. I'm not saying the GSD3 wasn't a great tire, it was but the Hankook and PS2 are much better. If the PS2 and the Hankook were the exact same price I might go back to the PS2, but not if I lived in a place with lots of rain. The Hankook is much better in the rain, when the PS2 got thin it was a frightening ride in the rain. I don't recall the PS2 being real sticky when the got thin on the tread, no better and no worse than the V12 in that dept (from what I recall). What surprised me was the V12 lasted the same miles as the PS2. But I think this is all moot since the PS2 is going away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.