Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hankook V12 review

6K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  MLEO 
#1 ·
Ive had them on for about 4-500 miles or so. I would put them at a 9-10 for the type of tire that they are. All vibration went away and they stick pretty nicely. The only downside is that I noticed the sidewalls are pretty soft so you gotta up your PSI a little, unless your in high temp weather.

I dont know if just me, but I am running 245-40-19 and 275-35-19 and the rears seem way skinnier than my previous dunlop sport maxx setup. As far as tread goes, it's a little busy, but im used to it now.

We actually did have a little bit of rain here in california recently after I put them on and yet to say, I didnt take them to what I could have;but they did very good for me in the rain. Especially since im not always conservative on the gas pedal

One downfall the price is pretty steep at $915 for all 4. But that was with the mount and balance and warranty, and the bla bla bla crap they tell you your getting with them

All in all, I would highly reccomend them to someone who is looking for a "summer performance tire". If anyone else has these or had experience with these/problems, chime in
Thanks,
Ryan

See less See more
#35 ·
I disagree about the Hankooks being better than the PS2s in the rain. I noticed no increase in wet grip. What I DID notice was the Hankooks were much better in standing water. They'll cut through deep water easily.

In comparing the 2, the PS2s have better turn-in and overall dry grip. The Hankooks can't launch nearly as hard as the PS2s. And I noticed the PS2s keep the same grip characteristics all the way down to the wear bars.

I bought the Hankooks for the V2 because I needed new PS2s and the PSSs may be out soon for our sizes, or similar. So while waiting, I got the uber-cheap Hankooks to see if they were as good as everyone claimed. They are very good and an excellent value for a Max Perf tire. Most of you won't lose much or be able to tell big differences. But, the PS2s are better...

#36 ·
Interesting thoughts, thats a good comparison. Out of curiosity, what have people been paying for the V12s? This spring I paid about $250/ea for 245-40-18's on my Q45. Looks like the hankooks are going for about $150, so a $400 savings on a set is pretty significant if the differences aren't staggering.

#38 ·
How about ride comfort? Bumps, noise, etc....

FYI (hate saying that) I know you don't buy the V for comfort first. But with such horrible roads here it takes away from the pleasure of driving my V. I've got exhaust, maggie whine and a little diff whine from the SW bushings. No chance I'm taking any of those out. But being banged around and feeling like my car will rattle itself apart some day is just too much.

You know, just sayin.......:yup:

PS Right know it's between the Continentals and PSS.

#41 ·
The Hankook does not transmit as much noise to the interior as the PS2 did.

#42 ·
I had The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus' and they were a great tire. I ate them up after about 12k and got the highly rated V12's. They were very quiet amooth, however I was a little dissapointed with their handling ability as in the same turns and corners i take each day, i couldnt get the Hankooks to Grip as well as the Michelins and my G meter proved it for me. 1.09 was the highest i was able to acheive with the Michelin's and in similar temps on the same turns I could only get a high of about 0.87. Good news is that once I read a post on this thread about pumping them up a little higher (i went up to 34psi rather than 30psi) they improved immediately. It is a little cold now to pull of the same tests so it will have to wait until next year.....once again, great help is always avalable on this forum. Thanks and hope this helps someone else...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.