Resetting the TPS's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Resetting the TPS's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I read in the tips that the tire pressure sensors could be reset by turning the key to the on ...
    Fasciaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Resetting the TPS's

I read in the tips that the tire pressure sensors could be reset by turning the key to the on position hitting the lock unlock on your fob until the horn honks and then putting air in or letting it out of each tire in a particular order.

Has anyone got this to work? I tried as my TPS dont match the screen on my dash. So the front RH is actually the LH rear etc...I flipped the lock and unlock probably 20 times and no horn so thats as far as I got.
    The tire shop that mounted and balanced the wheels were unable to get it set up with their hand held electronic connector either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Resetting the TPS's

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

You don't need any magnets. Just turn the key to on/run but don't start the car. Then on the key fob, hold lock and unlock at the same time until the horn honks. When it does, start at the left front and work your way around. You can either put air in or let it out, doesn't matter.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Make sure the screen on the dash shows the tire pressures. This got me once.

ROG
    ROG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

PM sent.

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

just did mine 5 mins ago!

Fasciaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

So if I do get the horn to honk by pressing the lock and unlock at the same time will the horn honk after each wheel is set as described in the above link? I assume it will also honk twice on the last wheel to let me know its the last tire set?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Isn't that what the procedure in the FAQ says?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

for some odd reason my new tps sensors are not going past the first wheel... i will have to give it a shot again some time soon.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

there's different 'tricks' i've seen people do to get the tpms to 'program' (stronger magnets etc)

we used to hold our special programming tool up to the top of the valve stem, but sometimes that didn't seem to work

someone gave us a tip to try pointing it through the sidewall of the tire and that seems to work the best

the sensor is really not very close to the tip of the valve stem, but only a little bit through the sidewall of the tire and the rim edge so give that a try if you haven't

.... that is if you're using the magnet technique
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

I had to let 6-8 psi out of each tire to get a horn confirmation. it also seemed to honk only after I stopped releasing air. and yes two honks after the last tire.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    I had to let 6-8 psi out of each tire to get a horn confirmation. it also seemed to honk only after I stopped releasing air. and yes two honks after the last tire.
    That was the case for me too. I had to let an awful lot of air out, and sometimes it seemed to honk only after I stopped, so maybe that was why it took so much air.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

You don't have to keep letting out air till it honks. If they are working properly, I let air out for 2-3 seconds and move on to the next tire. Then it honks, and I let air out the next.

Tony

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Yup, I'm with Tony. I let out 2-3# of air (so just a couple/few seconds), stop, wait for the honk, move on.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V

I can start to program the TPMS sensors, get the honk, let air out of driver frt, honk, then pass frt, honk, then pass. rear, honk. Driver rear no honk. When I get back into the car its the driver front that reads---. WTF. The driver rear says it has 31 psi in it but I didn't get the two honks saying its done. Any ideas. I had a nail in my tire and the pass rear went low with the DIC still reading 33 psi in it. I have tried to re- program fours times over the last month all with the same outcome.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.