Both key fobs in operable and all 4 TPMS sensors showing --- - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Both key fobs in operable and all 4 TPMS sensors showing --- in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The ground is through the roof. If you open the little door on the rear dome lamp assembly you will ...
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Both key fobs in operable and all 4 TPMS sensors showing ---

The ground is through the roof. If you open the little door on the rear dome lamp assembly you will see a 10mm head bolt. Make sure it is through the metal tab on the control module and tight. Power and data come in on another connector above the headliner.
    Are all the side windows tinted?
    It is odd that you would have intermittent operation.

What if you tune to AM and hit "seek"? Does it stop on ANY stations?
    Be sure the snaps are secure on the back glass.
    The grids on the glass are only for AM and FM reception, I don't think the keyless really relies on those grids at all.

If all the windows are tinted, try rolling them down when the TPMS show -- and see if it changes.
    I have seen guys replace antenna modules before but I have never seen a bad one, if you know what I mean.
    (the diagnostic charts suck)

It would be very irregular to lose "power" intermittently. The ground may be poor or loose, but it seems odd this would persist through two antenna modules.

Keep the data coming, we will figure it out.

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

I'll check tonight, with the windows down. That'll be a whole lotta fun driving on the highway in these temperatures!!

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

If you think about it, the side windows are not really in the path of an RF signal from a wheel to that receiver. But easy to try.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Realistically no, I am not expert on radio waves, but I am wondering if the tint could be fragmenting the signal somehow.
    At any rate, it is worth a shot just to try it. Yeah it would be better if it wasn't so cold but...

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

What is the snap for on the back window in the center? Mine is there and nothing is snapped to it.

I drove for about 15 mins last night with all 4 windows completely down. Still all 4 TPMS sensors remained as ---. I did learn, well relearn, what 38 degrees feels like at 55mph. This morning on the way to work I was going to unscrew the bolt in the dome light and put it back in for the ground but it turns out the whole pack of nut drivers I grabbed was SAE and there was nothing big enough to fit the head of the bolt. Doh. Also, you mentioned to try AM and hit seek. I did and it didn't stop on any station until after two full cycles across the range and the channel it stopped on was 850, just high pitched whine. Previously I had disconnected and reattached the little snaps on the wires that go to the grids on the glass. That didn't seem to help anything last time I did it but I'll try again.

That snap you mentioned Houdini connects to the antenna grid embedded in the rear glass. The other end of the snap wire connects to the antenna module in question that resides just above the roof liner/rear dome light.

Weird, there is nothing snapped to my rear glass on the center snap fitting... and I get perfect reception on radio....pff. I guess I'll have to see if the wire is jammed up under the headliner.

UPDATE - found the wire jammed up in the headliner and snapped it to glass. Any reason why a previous owner would have left it off? I do have tinted windows.

Maybe when the tint guy did it he forgot to put it back. I forget what the difference is on the front window grid and the back window grid. There should be a little snap wire on the front too.

Snapped it on an now it seems I've doubled my key fob range... pff.

Tonight I unscrewed the bolt that runs through the mounting arm of the module and into the roof. Nothing happened.

Have tried with no positive results:

1. Remove and reinstall bolt in roof antenna module.
    2. Rolled down windows and drove car.
    3. Scanned entire AM band with no channels found on seek.
    4. Remove and reapplied snap wires on back glass.

In daylight I'll try to get a picture of the snap locations and how they look. I'm not sure if it'll be beneficial, but I'll try.

Zo6PwRd Guest

What are the chances, my battery died today so i jumped it. Then when i start the car the service security system came uop oin the nav, the TPMS show --- and the key fobs dont work.

That sucks to hear Zo6PwRd. Hopefully it corrects itself somehow. You need to take the car the dealer to get them reprogrammed. Unless you have access to a Tech2 yoursefl.

Here are links to the pics of the snap connectors in the rear window glass. Nothing seems odd looking about them to me, but I don't know. Maybe this has no effect on the problem.

Center of window glass: http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/PB070495.jpg
    Center from another angle: http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/PB070492.jpg
    Driver's side closest to edge of car: http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/PB070493.jpg

I also ran a little sandpaper over them incase they were slightly corroded or something. Didn't seem to help.

RoverGuy7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

those solders for the snap to the glass look like crap, like it was ripped off at one point and someone tried to get it back on and didnt really know what they were doing, could be poor contact between the snap thats on the glass and the grid itself. all these issues started when you got the tint, when they had to remove the wire to the glass, and then got worse until no function at all now, right? see if the remote will respond if you act as the antenna... get in the backseat, remove the snap, and hold the female side of it with your hand, skin on metal. then press the remote a few times

yeah your snap connectors look horrible compared to mine ... yours look super corroded or something.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.