What's your most annoying mod
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What's your most annoying mod in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; For the most part, I'm pretty happy with the reliability of my V. The TB pooped out on me last ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Question What's your most annoying mod

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with the reliability of my V. The TB pooped out on me last year, and that was the only time she was stuck in the garage due to something breaking down. She did however get to the garage on her own (very limited) power, and I didn't have to worry about towing the car 125 miles.

Even with Mod hell, its been pretty easy for me. An FG2 started leaking fluid, but I saved my FE4s, and with the GC spring, swapping it out was very simple. After her initial "hicup" Maggie has been purring and my IATs seem to be much lower than others. No creeks with the GC, my Specter bushings are a top three mod and the RT/Magnaflow combo sounds amazing.

Most of my little problems have been easy and quick fixes, except......The friggin Hotchkis sway bars. At first I got the rattling that sounds like a worn out shock. This took forever to find. I tightened, re-tightened and even tried putting the stocker back on. Then we found out about the collars so I ordered a set. They never came, but that's OK since this was never my problem. I figured out that the nuts on the endlinks were getting loose, and you needed to have the sway bar at a certain angle to really get them on tight. This worked for quite a while. Then the rattle came back. So I'm going nuts trying to find what was loose. This went on for a few months cuz it's a bitch to get at, go for a test drive, and the take everything apart AGAIN. Finally as I'm doing my brakes, I realize the brackets that hold the swaybar to the frame were coming apart at the wields. Lucky I had an extra set of brackets (due to a miss-communication when I first bought them). Swapped them out, and she felt like a Caddy again,,,,,,for about a month . Got in there last weekend, and found that one of the nuts on the endlink was stripped. She's good now.
    This is just one of those things that NEVER go away.

Just wondering what others are dealing with.

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

re: What's your most annoying mod

I'm not sure I have an annoTing mod... However my most annoying mod is certainly the Monster Stage III clutch. It shakes, shrieks, and generally just makes my car feel like its going to fall apart if I can't engage it while heading downhill. What a piece of S#*@ and it ruins the Caddy look and sound when I leave out at a light and it makes is noises. It is bad enough that if I had the will power to pull my trans again I would put the stocker back in just to do away with it...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Most annoying mod?

Well, I hate to say it (especially with this being Tony's thread and all), but I have a header leak. Yup, Tony, that's right ... a header leak. Makes the car sound like a doggone sewing machine.

What I need is some quality time with my car ... just me and my V ... so I can tend to all her little issues and make her feel loved again all over again.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Most annoying mod?

Well, I hate to say it (especially with this being Tony's thread and all), but I have a header leak. Yup, Tony, that's right ... a header leak. Makes the car sound like a doggone sewing machine.

What I need is some quality time with my car ... just me and my V ... so I can tend to all her little issues and make her feel loved again all over again.
    I feel a little better now

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

Leaky cutouts that i've replaced a few times now... and the front sway brackets as you previously mentioned... i had a weird 'pop' when going over bumps at an angle or pulling into my driveway at an angle, so i got the collar kit from hotchkis and installed them on the outside of the brackets since trying to get them on the inside seemed virtually impossible... but the 'pop' is gone now; however, i did notice one of the brackets was pulling apart at the weld as you mentioned. I'm sure sooner or later, i'll have to go back in to resolve that one... otherwise, the V is pretty much awesome and mods haven't made me rip my hair out just yet

Stepside is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor

Huh . . . you guys . . . always playin' with it!
    Tweakin' it, Tunin' it,
    throttlin' it, cuddlin' it,
    waxin' it, buffin' it,
    honin' it, strokin' it,
    gasin' it, blowin' it,
    and torque armin' it, toe armin' it,
    and trying to stuff 'big 10"meats' in the rear . .
    all while lookin' at trying to get another rear.

You just don't respect Miss V for her original parts.

I'm so ashamed . . .

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

The V is like a big blank canvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I feel a little better now
    Glad I made SOMEONE'S day.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Not a MOD per se, but the black paint on my V is pretty annoying to keep it looking decent.

I would say my newest annoying mod is the headers rubbing on the steering shaft causing all sorts of vibrations in the wheel and some extra effort to turn the wheel.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post

I would say my newest annoying mod is the headers rubbing on the steering shaft causing all sorts of vibrations in the wheel and some extra effort to turn the wheel.
    dee i had the same thing going on and i removed the steering linkage bold and replaced it with a shorter bolt(+ blue locktite) that just reaches the end of the threads in the knuckle..

most annoying mod.... 3in exhaust and headers when i'm trying to creep away from a chic's house at 4am... sleeper/stealth no longer applies to this

Seven people posting and two are complaining about headers

Guys, lets not turn this into another header bashing thread. There's plenty of those going around

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Seven people posting and two are complaining about headers

Guys, lets not turn this into another header bashing thread. There's plenty of those going around
    lol Well I will tell my story then. I installed my B&B headers with USED STOCK GASKETS and have had zero issues. Oh and since removed and reinstalled with the same gaskets and still perfect. (Although ARP hardware)

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Most annoying ones, clutch (chatter), cradle washers (noise), and shocks.

Okay, Tony, I just spent maybe ten minutes with my 13mm open-end wrench and did nearly a 1/4 turn on each nut on the driver's side header. That reduced the sewing machine sound by about 98%. Can hardly hear it, now.

So, that brings me to my new most annoying mod, and that is the way Miss Maggie makes the rear tires wear so quickly. Don't you just hate that?

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Glad I made SOMEONE'S day.
    Kook's headers and leaks, well now that's a surprise.

Most annoying for me might be the UUC tranny mount, I think I may be getting a bit of vibration or noise from it and i am thinking about swapping back to the stock mount.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.