What's your most annoying mod - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What's your most annoying mod in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by perfect I'm pretty sure that when I open my cutouts I tend to annoy most people. Does ...
    mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

re: What's your most annoying mod

Quote Originally Posted by perfect View Post
    I'm pretty sure that when I open my cutouts I tend to annoy most people. Does that count?!

My truly most annoying mod was probably my stereo. I love good, rich sounding bass but the alternator in our V's just doesn't seem capable of delivering the current that my amplifier needs to satisfy my listening levels. I have built several boxes and tried several different combination of equipment to no avail. Everything is out of the car for now.
    Funny you say that....my Memphis draws alot of current too....and when the bass is way up...the interior of the car dims like a haunted house....0 gauge positive lead off the battery.....

Alt is putting out about 13.7v-13.9v.....but I guess it just doesn't have the amps.....

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    My Specter Werkes bushings creak like a fibersglass sailboat.

My front Hawk HP+ brake pads have been silent since I installed two-piece front rotors, but my rear Hawk HP+ brake pads (also on two-piece rotors) squeal like crazy - I can turn heads at 50 yards when going through a residential subdivision.

Both problems have resisted all of the usual remedies.
    Not a peep out of the Specter bushings. Only some diff whine. But that's almost gone now with the heavier weight fluid.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Not a peep out of the Specter bushings. Only some diff whine. But that's almost gone now with the heavier weight fluid.
    Did you use anything other than perhaps the recommended spray silicone when you installed them?

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!

most annoying for me is the GC kit... clunking and rattling... doesn't help one of my FG2's is blown...

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

X2 on the gc kit. Hate the noises

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

^^That would drive me nuts

I went with the HPS hawk pads for less dusting...They squeak like an SOB & I get this rust color sticking to my OEM chrome wheels that isn't easy to get off. Going back to OEM pads and the Hawks are going in the garbage.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey

Twitch, I'm with you. My Hotchkis front bar sucks. I've replaced the original brackets that came with them since they bent. The second set the weld cracked. Now in colder weather something up there rattles real bad at lower speeds and small bumps. It annoys the she-ite out of me. This is the first spring in 4 years I haven't replaced the bushings, that simply band-aids the problem so to hell with it.

My most annoying non mod problem is the rattle / creak out of the center stack from under the ashtray. Been going on for a few years and when I replaced the mounts (trans / motor UUC) early last year and stiffened up the whole shebang its gotten worse. But hey for 125,000 miles I can't really complain.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Concur on that one......CREATIVE STEEL has GREAT customer service.....

There's one more for ya Max!
    ABSOLUTELY!!

When I went to get my first CS diff bushing installed at the dealership, the tech said it wouldn't fit right since somehow my bushing bore was slightly larger than normal. My dealer tech contacted CS to let them know of the problem, and Max had his guys turn me out a CUSTOM diff bushing to fit my car. I can't think of many vendors who will go out of their way to custom machine a single off-the-shelf part for a one-in-a-million customer issue.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Headers leaked so bad at first they caused a venturi effect and sucked in air which threw a lean code on the O2 sensors. Finally milled the flanges and installed ARP studs. Cost a bundle in tuning and rework to find out the problem. Fidanza clutch which I truly loved had a friction disc made of 200 grit sand paper. Lasted about 3 months. Car still sounds like a sewing machine because the FAST 102 is a big hollow bongo. Tuning a 112LSA cam is more expensive than installing it. Everything else went pretty smooth....so far.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    ^^That would drive me nuts

I went with the HPS hawk pads for less dusting...They squeak like an SOB & I get this rust color sticking to my OEM chrome wheels that isn't easy to get off. Going back to OEM pads and the Hawks are going in the garbage.

If you plan on chucking them out, please send them my way. I need a holdover set for a V, so even if those are garbage, I'd readily toss them on temporarily rather than get a new set of pads only to throw them out soon thereafter.

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: What's your most annoying mod

Spectre Werks cradle bushings by far. The only problem is they work great. They really locked down the rear in addition to a Creative Steel diff bushing. It's a noticeably tighter feel now and there is no banging from occasional wheel hop in the wet. They are by far the most annoying because they transmit MASSIVE diff whine. That being said I had it before but NOTHING like this. If you have any whine whatsoever expect it to be majorly magnified by putting these babies on, that was my experience anyway.

Edit: on the creaking issue mine aren't bad at all, occasional noise when reversing from a stop but only in cold weather I think. I used a lot of white silicone spray when installing, really coated them, and it's been about a year I'd guess.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey

You think you have diff whine, try the OG Kars III kit. Hard mounted to the diff and bolted to the car...

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Did you use anything other than perhaps the recommended spray silicone when you installed them?
    Nope. Thought only the GM TSB inserts creaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    Spectre Werks cradle bushings by far. The only problem is they work great. They really locked down the rear in addition to a Creative Steel diff bushing. It's a noticeably tighter feel now and there is no banging from occasional wheel hop in the wet. They are by far the most annoying because they transmit MASSIVE diff whine. That being said I had it before but NOTHING like this. If you have any whine whatsoever expect it to be majorly magnified by putting these babies on, that was my experience anyway.

Edit: on the creaking issue mine aren't bad at all, occasional noise when reversing from a stop but only in cold weather I think. I used a lot of white silicone spray when installing, really coated them, and it's been about a year I'd guess.
    Stock I had no whine. Add specter bushings and I got some whine. Add CS diff bushing, louder higher pitched whine. Put in Amsiol 75W-140, lowered the pitch but didn't quiet it down enough. You gotta draw the line somewhere and no way I was gonna take out my specter bushings. So the CS diff bushing had to go. Now with stock diff bushing, Specter and heavier fluid I can barely hear any whine.
    Hope this helps someone

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

No problems with the Specter Werkes bushings, the HOTS bars, or the HPS Hawk pads, but the GC kit does produce clunking in the rear.

The maggie was a problem today. My sister just about went white as a sheet when I redlined it in second gear and finally got out of the throttle at 85 MPH in a 55 zone ... in Mexico. She recovered quickly, though ... back in the U.S.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    No problems with the Specter Werkes bushings, the HOTS bars, or the HPS Hawk pads, but the GC kit does produce clunking in the rear.

The maggie was a problem today. My sister just about went white as a sheet when I redlined it in second gear and finally got out of the throttle at 85 MPH in a 55 zone ... in Mexico. She recovered quickly, though ... back in the U.S.
    Yeah, I have found that after a couple full-lock powerslides the passengers stop commenting on any miscellaneous noises the V makes. Don't you mean Canada?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.