Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho BS. Laser beams get wider at further distances, at as much as 3-4 feet wide for ...
    CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    BS. Laser beams get wider at further distances, at as much as 3-4 feet wide for every 1000 feet. If someone in front of you gets tabbed from 1/4 mile away, that cop better be DEAD ON or else part of that beam misses the car. And the V1 will get that. I have personally seen my V1 go off on several different occasions and someone in front of me get pulled over. FACT.
    At 1000' the LIDAR beam is approximately 3' wide so push out too 2000' and you have a 6' beam... I have picked up laser scatter myself with the V1 but I wouldn't be telling people its useful for avoiding tickets. Yes it is "detectable" but only when the LEO is a noob and shooting way to far out....

Quote Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of the beam size enlarging, but hey, if yours detects it, go for it.

Enjoy detecting laser.
    You guys are both right. But yeah I wouldn't be relying on the V1 for laser detection myself.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

Yes, I'm aware of the beam size enlarging, but hey, if yours detects it, go for it.

Enjoy detecting laser.
    Thanks. I have and I will...

LAYGO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V - '96 Impala SS

For some reason, I don't recall looking at your full setup Cancer. I dig it the multi-apparatus of it all! I really like the mute button in the boot! I might employ something like that.

For now, when I get my car back, my Qi45 is going into the V. Then once I've got some bucks, I'll be looking into an upgrade. A really good radar with jammer add-ons and possibly something like your LI Quad.

But the more I've recalled my last few tickets, it's all situations that neither a radar/laser detector would've helped in. Just paying more attention would!

I've got a ticket for a 75 in 60 right now, but the DPS Trooper came up behind me. Right when I saw him is when he hit his radar. I think I could take this to court & fight it, but it's a TIME vs MONEY thing. I could take defensive for $110, get deferred for $300. I already considered a traffic lawyer for it, but for $75, all they were going to do was get me deferred! I had paid the lawyer & everything then asked what they were going to do. Then I immediately asked for a refund . . . and got it.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Qi45 is a decent and easy to install unit. If Laser is an issue you could also look into Laser VEIL G4 and Laser Shield as low cost options to buy you time in the event of a laser hit if you are not ready for a laser jammer.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

For some reason, I don't recall looking at your full setup Cancer. I dig it the multi-apparatus of it all! I really like the mute button in the boot! I might employ something like that.

For now, when I get my car back, my Qi45 is going into the V. Then once I've got some bucks, I'll be looking into an upgrade. A really good radar with jammer add-ons and possibly something like your LI Quad.

But the more I've recalled my last few tickets, it's all situations that neither a radar/laser detector would've helped in. Just paying more attention would!

I've got a ticket for a 75 in 60 right now, but the DPS Trooper came up behind me. Right when I saw him is when he hit his radar. I think I could take this to court & fight it, but it's a TIME vs MONEY thing. I could take defensive for $110, get deferred for $300. I already considered a traffic lawyer for it, but for $75, all they were going to do was get me deferred! I had paid the lawyer & everything then asked what they were going to do. Then I immediately asked for a refund . . . and got it.
    Thanks for the compliments. The remote mute makes it really nice especially since the V1 moves around when fumbling with the mute on the unit itself.

BTW The LI is a JAMMER. With it there is no surprises just don't jam him to the gun. Get to the posted speed limit and kill them so he gets a reading and don't wave when you pass him! lol

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Qi45 is a decent and easy to install unit. If Laser is an issue you could also look into Laser VEIL G4 and Laser Shield as low cost options to buy you time in the event of a laser hit if you are not ready for a laser jammer.
    Veil works WITH a jammer. Don't count on them to save you from a LIDAR hit. They only supplement a system...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.