Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; If the glass is clean and the suction cups fresh, it'll stay in any weather except maybe a deep freeze......
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

If the glass is clean and the suction cups fresh, it'll stay in any weather except maybe a deep freeze...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

put some liquid soap on the cup before you mount it

spin2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver V1...mods to come

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    If the glass is clean and the suction cups fresh, it'll stay in any weather except maybe a deep freeze...
    I tried all of the tricks with mine, never was that lucky. I do remember the way the "unhook" wire thingy on my factory v1 suction cups warped them a little which probably hastened their demise.

I do consider myself somewhat of a suction cup expert...I did play a lot of nerf basketball as a kid lol
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spin2nd View Post
    suction cup expert
    you just might be the first person ever to make that claim

Quote Originally Posted by spin2nd View Post
    I do consider myself somewhat of a suction cup expert...I did play a lot of nerf basketball as a kid lol
    d00d, I would skool you in nerf basketball!

LAYGO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V - '96 Impala SS

The great thing about a remote setup . . . NO SUCTION CUPS! And it's discrete. I've read how the V1 lights are REALLY bright & can be seen from several cars behind. Especially mounted high on the windshield. Cops tend to not take kindly to obvious radar detectors. I've heard some LEOs compare detectors to tools theives use (not illegal, but used in an illegal act). I've heard another story of an LEO purposefully pulsing his radar to things like "Shave & a Haircut" just to watch the lights on someones radar detector.

Quote Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
    The great thing about a remote setup . . . NO SUCTION CUPS! And it's discrete. I've read how the V1 lights are REALLY bright & can be seen from several cars behind. Especially mounted high on the windshield. Cops tend to not take kindly to obvious radar detectors. I've heard some LEOs compare detectors to tools theives use (not illegal, but used in an illegal act). I've heard another story of an LEO purposefully pulsing his radar to things like "Shave & a Haircut" just to watch the lights on someones radar detector.
    I had a NH State Trooper closing in from behind, pulsing his Ka. I did exactly the speed limit and everytime he pulsed, I tapped the brakes. He then got right behind me and we continued to play that game for another couple miles before he moved on. I was far more amused then he was...

As far as positioning, both my '04 and '09 have rear view mirrors that have a low notch in the center of the bottom of the mirror. I keep my V1 high and centered so that notch blocks the display from directly behind. But, from my angle, I can see it clearly. Add to that the sensor is far enough to the right of the notch that it has a clear view back...

you're a notch

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

JCC: thanks for the advice..

:sho: aye, now i see what you were talking about with the notch.. got my V1 today and mounted in the same spot in attempts to be more like the Town Car Cruzer...

Quote Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
    what i dont get is where people are mounting there detectors out of view of theives and cops but still in the optimum spot to pick up lazers guns?? any pics laygo..

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Will they have a remote sensor thing for that V1 which you can mount in the cluster if you want, then the main unit doesnt show any lights.

also being in florida, you should already have limo tint.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    JCC: thanks for the advice..

:sho: aye, now i see what you were talking about with the notch.. got my V1 today and mounted in the same spot in attempts to be more like the Town Car Cruzer...

what i dont get is where people are mounting there detectors out of view of theives and cops but still in the optimum spot to pick up lazers guns?? any pics laygo..
    Enjoy the V1! In the V1! It's poetry in motion...

no, you're poetry in motion

LAYGO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V - '96 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    I can get pics of it in my Impala. It's not yet mounted in the V. I don't want to move it until after all the body work is done. Some where I've got pics of my old Bel Vector Remote mounted. Looked more factory than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    no, you're poetry in motion
    slow motion, maybe...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.