Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by JimmyH there aren't any countermeasures against the bear in the air Uniden BCT-10, foo....
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    there aren't any countermeasures against the bear in the air
    Uniden BCT-10, foo.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

rationalization ftw

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Uniden BCT-10, foo.
    what does it do? slow down the stop watch they are using up there?

what does it do? slow down the stop watch they are using up there?
    No, it's a scanner. And a tracker. So you can listen to police chatter and it will alert you like a radar detector when that signal comes in.

No matter, it's rare enough an officer comes in to court if you fight a ticket. The odds of both officers coming is much less...

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black
    You're all wasting your time. Get a warlock or duke or equivalent radio jammer like the Army uses for radio or cell phone activated IEDs. It'll be just you and the cop, no comms for either of you. That would be a countermeasure.

You and your radio shack plastic toys lol :-D

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    You're all wasting your time. Get a warlock or duke or equivalent radio jammer like the Army uses for radio or cell phone activated IEDs. It'll be just you and the cop, no comms for either of you. That would be a countermeasure.

Yawn.

:-D is it someone's nap time?

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

No matter, it's rare enough an officer comes in to court if you fight a ticket.
    I keep hearing this, but I've taken tickets to court a few times now and the officer has been there EVERY time. I even tried the "trick" of rescheduling the court date a few times. Most recently I rescheduled it twice, I think I was the only guy he had to show for, and the court was in a crappy part of town (Brooklyn, MD...you know it's nice) and he still showed up.

Because, you know, my speeding on the interstate is the worst crime in this city. I'm glad they've cleaned up all of the drug dealers and street gangs.

it don't matter what you do in IL, and especially WI, they are going to get you. their most recent trick is to nail you from over passes. one cop shoots you from behind (by the time your detector or jammer goes off, they already got you) and another cop a few miles up the road delivers you a ticket. good luck evading that one. and if you are in WI with IL plates, you better do the limit.

It's the overtime they get for keeping your little get-together

If a ticket is serious enough that you have to avoid it, get a lawyer.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

there aren't any countermeasures against the bear in the air
    TPAS. Originally designed for aircraft to be alerted to one another while flying in close proximity but it also works great for telling you there is a plane in the sky nearby. Distance can be set up also so that you can have it dialed in to what the locals use when flying and doing aerial enforcement. I will admit its benefit vs. cost is probably not worth it though for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    The pic isn't on this thread anymore, but I see the jammers on your grill in the dyno thread. Can you put them anyplace else? Like by the DRLs?

And I agree. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do 85 on an interstate as long as your keeping a steady speed and staying in one lane.
    Yeah I had them down in the lower grill but they were to low. Unfortunately the jammers need to "see" the shot from the LEO. They can "see" 18" on all sides at 1000' for reference. So where I had them placed, at say 2000', the LEO might hit me high and the jammers would never "see" the shot. (They work by recognizing the particular gun and then sending out the same wavelength to jam the gun). So its a two part process, "see" the shot and then jam the shot.

Unfortunately its that pick one of three we have to deal with... I think I may powder coat my grill black soon to hide them a bit better.

Uniden BCT-10, foo.
    And TPAS. See above.

Uh huh. And you are the perfect example of why all these devices are legal. "They don't work, they are crap Radio Shack garbage"....

One cop shoots you from behind (by the time your detector or jammer goes off, they already got you) and another cop a few miles up the road delivers you a ticket. good luck evading that one. and if you are in WI with IL plates, you better do the limit.
    Unfortunately there is just to much to explain here but the only time in your above scenario I would be screwed is if the LEO was using RADAR and using it in Instant On mode. My Jammers are for LIDAR only but they do just what they say they do, JAM. And yes overpass shots in the arse are getting more and more common but thankfully its usually LIDAR and not RADAR. (Can't jam RADAR because its federally illegal).

I don't want to argue with anyone that isn't willing, or doesn't want to learn. If you think speeding is stupid and so are countermeasures then please step out of my thread! If you have any questions about how stuff works I am more than happy to explain it to you. JimmyH I understand your position on speeding and countermeasures but if you took the time to understand how this stuff actually works you might be amazed. Like I said the ONLY threat I have is RADAR being used in Instant On mode. Overpass, underpass, bushes none of it matters to me as long as it isn't RADAR and I/O! haha

Federally illegal... Hahaha u scared?

If you're successful, how will they ever catch you

Radio jammer, cameras, find a good lawyer, run... Videos a la Getaway in Stockholm.

Dukes of Hazzard move aside, it's need for speed hot pursuit

All I am saying is I hope you guys know how to drive. I am not innocent, not by any means, but driving too fast can get you, and those around you into trouble. I don't care what your position and theory is. You exceed the speed limit, then you are not only responsible for your own actions, but also for every car around you. And if you are busy monitoring your "countermeasures" then that is attention that is being taken from the road, attention that is sorely needed if you are driving fast enough to require them.

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

If a ticket is serious enough that you have to avoid it, get a lawyer.
    Got one last time (86 in a 55)...lawyer cost me $400, and he succeeded in getting my fine increased from $290 to $401. He did get the points reduced from 5 to 1, though, which is more valuable than the fine. All in all, a pretty serious bummer since had I been driving 2 mph slower, it would have been a 2-point violation with a $150 fine that I would have just paid and been done with. I just as well could have been going 150 mph considering the cost I got slapped with.

I wouldn't be so irritated by any of this if they enforced some of the other traffic laws around here. I see people riding the left lane at 50 mph, talking on their cell phone, merging without looking, changing lanes without signaling, changing lanes too aggressively (I can't tell you how many single-SUV accidents I see around here, flipped over in ditches and across highway lanes), running red lights, and doing all kinds of other stupid stuff in front of officers all the time. It just seems like, for whatever reason, they really get their rocks off busting speeders. I suppose it pays the most. IMO, it's pretty unfair since I make a point to not drive distracted, obsessively maintain my vehicles to ensure they're safe and efficient, and obey all of the other traffic laws. I guess I can't blame them since they're just enforcing the law, and I am breaking it by speeding, but I really feel like I'm far from the biggest hazard on the road.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

All I am saying is I hope you guys know how to drive. I am not innocent, not by any means, but driving too fast can get you, and those around you into trouble. I don't care what your position and theory is. You exceed the speed limit, then you are not only responsible for your own actions, but also for every car around you. And if you are busy monitoring your "countermeasures" then that is attention that is being taken from the road, attention that is sorely needed if you are driving fast enough to require them.
    Just this last reply and I'll let you win....I can GUARANTEE that when I drive down the interstate scanning the road ahead, to the side, and behind for LEO's I am 110% more attentive than the drivers around me. I'm not "distracted" by my countermeasures only listening for any blip of sound then I tap the brakes accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
    Got one last time (86 in a 55)...lawyer cost me $400, and he succeeded in getting my fine increased from $290 to $401. He did get the points reduced from 5 to 1, though, which is more valuable than the fine. All in all, a pretty serious bummer since had I been driving 2 mph slower, it would have been a 2-point violation with a $150 fine that I would have just paid and been done with. I just as well could have been going 150 mph considering the cost I got slapped with.

I wouldn't be so irritated by any of this if they enforced some of the other traffic laws around here. I see people riding the left lane at 50 mph, talking on their cell phone, merging without looking, changing lanes without signaling, changing lanes too aggressively (I can't tell you how many single-SUV accidents I see around here, flipped over in ditches and across highway lanes), running red lights, and doing all kinds of other stupid stuff in front of officers all the time. It just seems like, for whatever reason, they really get their rocks off busting speeders. I suppose it pays the most. IMO, it's pretty unfair since I make a point to not drive distracted, obsessively maintain my vehicles to ensure they're safe and efficient, and obey all of the other traffic laws. I guess I can't blame them since they're just enforcing the law, and I am breaking it by speeding, but I really feel like I'm far from the biggest hazard on the road.
    Typical revenue generating speed enforcement. Sorry to hear you got pinched but glad you didn't' get too many points. (What a laugh those are). Time to grab yourself a V1!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.