Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; BTW If you wanna really get your blood boiling.... Do you know that major car insurance companies purchase speed enforcement ...
    CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

BTW If you wanna really get your blood boiling....

Do you know that major car insurance companies purchase speed enforcement tools (radar, lidar guns) and donate them to law enforcement agencies in the name of "safety". Hmmm how about heres some free tools to increase our customers premiums! Down right criminal.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Thought I'd bump this up for those who think your eyes are ALL that is needed for countermeasures.

This was on my way from class where LIDAR (laser guns) are NEVER employed so I was cruising along expecting, if anything, a C/O (constant on) radar alert. What you are seeing is a GA state trooper hitting me with his laser gun and my laser interceptor's jamming his reading. Once I get to the PSL (posted speed limit) I kill them so he can get a reading and not be educated on how these things work. (I admittedly did a terrible JTK (jam to kill) but it took me by such surprise because of the location).

On the left side at :31-:32 you can see his front marker reflector.
    Very nize.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    BTW If you wanna really get your blood boiling....

Do you know that major car insurance companies purchase speed enforcement tools (radar, lidar guns) and donate them to law enforcement agencies in the name of "safety". Hmmm how about heres some free tools to increase our customers premiums! Down right criminal.
    who do you think funded the development of laser speed detection? think lizard...

btw, this seems like an awful lot of effort just to speed under the radar (pardon the pun)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Very nize.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    who do you think funded the development of laser speed detection? think lizard...
    Yeah I know all about Geico and their deal with LTI, I tell everyone who might be speaking about insurance or is willing to listen for that matter. In fact their is a local car lot that has a rather large sign out front that states "Geico Insurance NOT accepted here". I need to stop in sometime and shoot the breeze with the owner....

btw, this seems like an awful lot of effort just to speed under the radar (pardon the pun)
    IMHO no. I am absolutely going to speed on the major highways anytime I am driving. It makes the trip more interesting and because I just enjoy it. Anyhow my last ticket (got out of) was a 90 in a 70 PSL. It would have cost $422 + $200 GA super speeder law and not to mention the insurance premium increases over the next 5 years. Anyhow my point is that one incident can cost me 1k alone....no countermeasures (the way I choose to drive) is a no go. And your telling me that it isn't cool as fawk to JAM an officers speed detection equipment?! lol Maybe I am just a tech nerd but I enjoy it quite a bit.

I hope you know what you are doing. Speed is thrilling I suppose, until it gets away from you. My step-dad is an accident re-constructionist; some of the photos I have seen...

I hope you know what you are doing. Speed is thrilling I suppose, until it gets away from you. My step-dad is an accident re-constructionist; some of the photos I have seen...
    Oh I am not talking about blatant gum ball rally speeding. I am talking about 85-90 in a 70 with no weaving in and out of traffic etc. IMHO, again, there is nothing wrong with that. Of course its the other idiots out there you need to worry about.

Thanks, grandma...

we can't all have the infallible skillz of teh great thebigjimshow

Chubbilicious420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Meh. Learn how to drive, keeping your eyes open and then add countermeasures. It's better than using just either...
    exactly. V1 for 15 years, but the guy that has to go faster than you is the best radar detector. A good believable line of shit and good attitude, clean shave when you get pulled over does not hurt,,,,

there aren't any countermeasures against the bear in the air

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

The pic isn't on this thread anymore, but I see the jammers on your grill in the dyno thread. Can you put them anyplace else? Like by the DRLs?

And I agree. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do 85 on an interstate as long as your keeping a steady speed and staying in one lane.

It is safer, especially in a V, to do 85 in the fast lane than to do 55 in the slow lane.

rationalization I love it

rationalization I love it
    If you leave enough room in front of you and stay attentive, you can't rear end someone. If you are in the fast lane, your focus area goes from 360 degrees to 180. Instead of focusing on cars around you AND those exiting and entering the highway, you focus on what you and those around you who are doing: going straight ahead. The most dangerous is when you are in a pack. Passing a slow(in relation to your travel), steady stream of cars keeps traffic moving, not bunching. To all those tools in the slow lane: have fun doing a "safe" 55 with all those trucks and traffic trying to deal with you in trying to get on, off or around. Not safe.

I know I've explained this many times before but you refuse to listen to what I say. No matter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.