Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Not worth it; the cost, the look of that stuff stuck on the V, and the cost again. Ever since ...
    CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

Not worth it; the cost, the look of that stuff stuck on the V, and the cost again. Ever since I got my V I have stopped speeding. I used to drive Jacksonville, FL to Atlanta every other weekend, it is 5.5 hour drive no matter the speed. One time I averaged almost 100mph following 2 vettes for 3 hours of the drive, hit stopped construction traffic and sat for 1 hour and then went the speed limit for the rest of the 1.5 hour trip. Next trip I did 75 and got there in 5.5 hours. Now I'm living in ATL and speeding is a thing of the past. Traffic doesn't allow the V to open up and the trips are short.

Everyone just be safe regardless of what you are doing. V love.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: Anyone into Countermeasures? V1, CD Stealth Mount, V1 Remote mute, LI Quad gen 8

Quote Originally Posted by CadiBlk View Post
    Not worth it; the cost, the look of that stuff stuck on the V, and the cost again. Ever since I got my V I have stopped speeding. I used to drive Jacksonville, FL to Atlanta every other weekend, it is 5.5 hour drive no matter the speed. One time I averaged almost 100mph following 2 vettes for 3 hours of the drive, hit stopped construction traffic and sat for 1 hour and then went the speed limit for the rest of the 1.5 hour trip. Next trip I did 75 and got there in 5.5 hours. Now I'm living in ATL and speeding is a thing of the past. Traffic doesn't allow the V to open up and the trips are short.
    I don't want to hear it from you unless you are meeting us this Saturday!

But you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Mine is that the $622 I could have saved with these (LI) a couple of months back is certainly worth the minimal appearance sacrifice and cost.

As for your 5.5 hour logic, well I don't even have to explain why that is flawed. I get what you are saying but if you hadn't done 100 with the Vettes AND got held up in construction, would your 5.5 hour theory still hold? Nope.

In the end I don't drive the PSL and so I keep a keen eye out for tax collectors and I also have the equipment to supplement when my eyes might miss something. If you want to drive the PSL fine but keep a look out for a black raven coming around your ass cause I won't be!

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

I do want to meet up this Sat and I would even speed for it . BUT (always a but), my dad is coming into town. I'd bring him along, but he is coming in between 3-5 (he is random like that). Plans were busted. Have a good time and be safe. I'm always around and I'm sure we could find something do get into some other weekend.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

So i had a wake up call this morning. I had to switch cars and i got lazy and left my radar in my V. i take the on ramp onto a 65mph highway and see this rx7 go by. i'm doing maybe 70-75 and just cruising to work. then all of a sudden the rx7 comes to a serious stop and im like why is he slowing down.... there is no logical area for a cop to be hiding ( since there is no road to the left and on the right is a steep forest embankment ). so i slow down below 70 and i drive past where the rx7 was and bam i see a cop in a dark unmarked, tinted crown vic with a paint scheme that matched the forest nearly to well. his entire car was in the bushes. i have no idea how he got it in there and he had the radar gun point out of what must have been a fern. there is no possible way to have spotted that car until you have gone past him due to his car being in the trees.

i am not leaving without my radar again.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    No, you can't have both. Either eyes or detector only!

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

So i had a wake up call this morning. I had to switch cars and i got lazy and left my radar in my V. i take the on ramp onto a 65mph highway and see this rx7 go by. i'm doing maybe 70-75 and just cruising to work. then all of a sudden the rx7 comes to a serious stop and im like why is he slowing down.... there is no logical area for a cop to be hiding ( since there is no road to the left and on the right is a steep forest embankment ). so i slow down below 70 and i drive past where the rx7 was and bam i see a cop in a dark unmarked, tinted crown vic with a paint scheme that matched the forest nearly to well. his entire car was in the bushes. i have no idea how he got it in there and he had the radar gun point out of what must have been a fern. there is no possible way to have spotted that car until you have gone past him due to his car being in the trees.

We had a trooper (central PA area) that would dress up in camo and hide in the woods with his radar gun along route 15.

Quote Originally Posted by CadiBlk View Post
    I do want to meet up this Sat and I would even speed for it . BUT (always a but), my dad is coming into town. I'd bring him along, but he is coming in between 3-5 (he is random like that). Plans were busted. Have a good time and be safe. I'm always around and I'm sure we could find something do get into some other weekend.
    It is all good stuff comes up.

I hear you. I have let my wife take the V1 when she had to go to ATL and I only had to make a short trip (if any) without it. I felt naked when it didn't blip at all the known spots for falses...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    No, you can't have both. Either eyes or detector only!
    Cops have I/O, we NEED both!

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    We had a trooper (central PA area) that would dress up in camo and hide in the woods with his radar gun along route 15.
    I have heard of this before. And then you see the giant string of cops down the road a mile or two away!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

It is logistically difficult and costly for 1 officer to go to court. Add more than 1 and it would be rare that both officers would show up.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    It is logistically difficult and costly for 1 officer to go to court. Add more than 1 and it would be rare that both officers would show up.
    You are probably right however if they write 100 tickets and 90 just pay the fine then I'd say they were successful....

Thought I'd bump this up for those who think your eyes are ALL that is needed for countermeasures.

This was on my way from class where LIDAR (laser guns) are NEVER employed so I was cruising along expecting, if anything, a C/O (constant on) radar alert. What you are seeing is a GA state trooper hitting me with his laser gun and my laser interceptor's jamming his reading. Once I get to the PSL (posted speed limit) I kill them so he can get a reading and not be educated on how these things work. (I admittedly did a terrible JTK (jam to kill) but it took me by such surprise because of the location).

On the left side at :31-:32 you can see his front marker reflector.

kzeliminator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts-v

you gotta explain how that thing works, jtk?

kzeliminator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts-v

just read all about it, sick awsome, guess I know where my next check it going, I literally just got out of court an hour ago, but its was for speeding in my driveway, cop followed me home and wrote me a ticket in my backyard lol nonradar apparently he paced me

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Not to brag, but I am so looking forward to driving my V 160mph on the unrestricted autobahns in Germany without worrying about any of this nonsense. I'm totally for speed limits in residential areas and on highways near major cities, but most of the limits we have in America are just complete nonsense.

Your system does look pretty sweet though, CancerJCC. I've been hit for speeding enough times (last one ended up costing me over $850--and I was driving my Cherokee...86 in a 55) that if I were staying in the States with the V, I'd have to look into some of that stuff. Of course the jackasses that drag race down my residential city street going twice (three times?) the limit never get nailed...usually just me on the interstate, with no one around...but I'm the criminal. IMO, the speed limits we have on our huge, wide open 4 lane highways are just flat out unreasonable.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

I haven't had a ticket in... five years, and another five years between the one before that.

I just gotta say, seeing troopers/patrolmen/popo's using radar guns aimed at me is unsettling, a la PTSD. It fills me with hate and resentment and i want to aim something back.

Quote Originally Posted by kzeliminator View Post
    you gotta explain how that thing works, jtk?
    Quote Originally Posted by kzeliminator View Post
    just read all about it, sick awsome, guess I know where my next check it going, I literally just got out of court an hour ago, but its was for speeding in my driveway, cop followed me home and wrote me a ticket in my backyard lol nonradar apparently he paced me
    Yeah get on over to Radardetector.net if you wanna have no money and all kinds of countermeasure toys! Sorry to hear about your ticket, gotta be situationally aware because there are no countermeasures for pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
    Not to brag, but I am so looking forward to driving my V 160mph on the unrestricted autobahns in Germany without worrying about any of this nonsense. I'm totally for speed limits in residential areas and on highways near major cities, but most of the limits we have in America are just complete nonsense.

Your system does look pretty sweet though, CancerJCC. I've been hit for speeding enough times (last one ended up costing me over $850--and I was driving my Cherokee...86 in a 55) that if I were staying in the States with the V, I'd have to look into some of that stuff. Of course the jackasses that drag race down my residential city street going twice (three times?) the limit never get nailed...usually just me on the interstate, with no one around...but I'm the criminal. IMO, the speed limits we have on our huge, wide open 4 lane highways are just flat out unreasonable.
    I am absolutely jealous! You are so right though but before we go raising the limits we need to have VERY strict enforcement of left lane (other than passing) violations, tailgating violations (speed limit will fix that), and swerving in and out of traffic. If these items carried a stiffer penalty then people would learn to drive properly. THEN can we do away with limits. Of course that will never happen because of the revenue generated from "safety enforcement".

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    I haven't had a ticket in... five years, and another five years between the one before that.

I just gotta say, seeing troopers/patrolmen/popo's using radar guns aimed at me is unsettling, a la PTSD. It fills me with hate and resentment and i want to aim something back.
    You don't speed like I do then. And please do not tell me "I keep a good eye out". That is only half the equation and when you crest a hill with a well trained LIDAR gun sniper you will have no time to react.

Your second comment scares me! haha How about receive their signal with open arms (RD) and slow down?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.