Serious Issue with the "Reduced Engine Power Mode"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Serious Issue with the "Reduced Engine Power Mode" in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Okay. So I started experiencing this problem as many others have. I tried everything that I could myself, did not ...
    silverado_nolan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): LS7 CTS-V

Serious Issue with the "Reduced Engine Power Mode"

Okay. So I started experiencing this problem as many others have. I tried everything that I could myself, did not work. So I took it in to one of the the biggest cadillac/gm dealerships in the state because I figured they would be the most knowledgeable.

First, I thought it was my Accelerator Pedal Positioning Sensor, as did they. NOPE they replaced the entire pedal, NOTHING.

So then, oh well then it HAS to be the throttle body. I asked if they are for sure, he said yes. So I asked them to just replace the TPS, but since the sensor is built into the throttle body itself on an LS7, they insisted that they had to replace the entire thing. cool... NOTHING and now throwing new codes.

So now they believe they need to purchase a WHOLE NEW computer, that just happen to be on national backorder.

HERE is my question, can I buy a tuner, or just get my entire computer tuned my one of these companies and have this problem eliminated.

My car has been in the shop for 3 weeks and it absolutely blows.

I researched all I could, and I am in desperate need of your help.

Thank you all very much, and it is deeply appreciated,
    Nolan Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Serious Issue with the "Reduced Engine Power Mode"

Assuming this is all happening under warranty, I would be cautious at this point and let them fix the existing problem. This is because if they detect an aftermarket tune in the ECM it can result in the "death penality" as far as your warranty is concerned. If not under warranty an aftermarket tune will not necessarily fix a defective ECM unless the problem is merely some tuning parameter.

it is not under warranty. Plus the whole LS7 thing would void that anyway

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by silverado_nolan View Post
    it is not under warranty. Plus the whole LS7 thing would void that anyway
    Okay, silly me I missed the LS7 thing.

oh no worries what so ever. Probably my bad for taking it there and not doing it myself. But when I do not have the tools (in this town) or truly the knowledge to work on such a complicated vehicle, I just said screw it and took it to the place that is seemingly the most knowledgeable and provides the highest standards of quality

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.