A happy ending on a warranty issue..... Wierd?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, A happy ending on a warranty issue..... Wierd? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Took my car in to get the harmonic balancer fixed, which was fixable under warranty. Told him about how my ...
    wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

A happy ending on a warranty issue..... Wierd?

Took my car in to get the harmonic balancer fixed, which was fixable under warranty. Told him about how my AC doesnt work. Shoots out air but not very cold. It is around 98 here in southern california today. Went and picked it up and on the way back had to roll up the windows to answer a phone call. Didnt notice that the AC was on and for some reason it felt like a brand new AC. Did this have something to do with them fixing the Balancer? Just thought id ask and also post about a happy warranty ending

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Re: A happy ending on a warranty issue..... Wierd?

Maybe it just needed a recharge. They probably refilled your freon, replaced the balancer and sent you on you way. The low pressure connector in our cars are smack next to the clutch and brake reservoirs. Very easy to recharge yourself if needed.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Hmmm. I just think it's wierd that they would recharge my system when they told me it wasn't under warranty and it would be around 100$

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Its actually R-134a as Freon is outlawed for use in A/C systems...But yep I recharged mine with the Walmart special and it works great. Total cost was like $15 so maybe they just did it to make you happy.

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I have a vent temp gauge in mine (from previous experience on A/C I am now obsessed). I've noticed that when the compressor kicks on, it takes a long time for vent temps to get below about 50°, even if the heat that day is fairly mild like in the 80s. And that includes if I've been driving for 20 minutes and the car and HVAC system is not still baking from sitting in the sun. Eventually as the interior temp comes down and the fan slows down, vent temps can hit 40° but it doesn't seem like the strongest cooling performance. I've also noticed that if I go to WOT, and the compressor clicks off, when it comes back on, vent temps climb and take a while to get back to 40°. Might be starting to get a little low. Just HOW low is the big question and the only CORRECT way is to vacuum then refill with a measured amount. Any other way is guesswork.

That kind of bums me out because I have the highest standards for GM HVAC, especially something as new as a 2005, regardless of mileage. A/C should NOT need recharging at 100k, no matter what anyone else says.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.