Monticello question?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Monticello question? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I will be at Monticello raceway Sat. afternoon...I am bringing a 48 year old who is a Nascar and roadrace ...
    RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Question Monticello question?

I will be at Monticello raceway Sat. afternoon...I am bringing a 48 year old who is a Nascar and roadrace fan...He suffered a stroke a yr. and a half ago and he has special needs...He will be my passanger when driving to the raceway from Balto. area...He can walk and talk etc. except he is just a little slower than most 48 yr. old men and gets tired very easily..My question is can an instructor take my brother in law for the rides around the course in place of my rides...I haven't been there yet but i would suspect that in the pass. side there is possibly a steering wheel or equipement that might interfere with him sitting in the pass. side...If anyone knows please respond...thanks Greg. O.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Monticello question?

I can't see any reason he wouldn't be able to ride as a passenger. Can't say I've seen a car at a track with a dual steering wheel setup - that's a high school driver ed thing. Having two people trying to operate the steering wheel at speed on a track would be a Bad Thing.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

the cars will be identical inside to what you see on the street.

Wow so maybe my brother in law CAN ride shotgun. He is of age and has his helmet and has a license and has a pass.....It would be awesome if he could ride as a pass. with an instructor...I don't really need to drive...i have more hp and tq than the track cars and drive mine always like it's stolen anyway

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

"IF" they are operating the program like they did in Nov '08 when I was there last, then....

1) Hopefully your brother-in-law is registered, because they check names at the front gate before getting onto the grounds.
    2) Since you are registered, they will issue you an ID badge that has already been made up.
    3) They divided the track up into 3 sections and all the attendees were divided into 3 groups. You had to walk to 2 parts of the track and they bussed us to the remaining section. Not super long walks, but I don't know what your brother-in-law's capabilities are.
    4) While waiting my turn to jump into an XLR-V I hopped into the rear car, driven by an instructor, so I could see the best line. He didn't mind and was happy to answer my questions (between driving with one hand and talking on the radio). My guess is that they would be happy to have your B-I-L as a passenger.
    In '08, we drove the CTS and XLR-V without an instructor, but if you had a friend (me: TBJS) they could ride along and then we'd swap. We drove the CTS-V with an instructor in the right seat and maybe another participant in the rear seat.
    Again, I have no idea if they will operate like they did back then.
    5) The clubhouse (then) is a two story affair. Indoctrination and the food are on the 2nd floor with only steps.
    Again.... I don't know what his capabilities are.

Hope that give gives you a little better insight.

ORD

Smile Re: Monticello question?

are u going Sunday eening...also, he can walk but if he tried t go too far he'd be exhausted...i was hopeing since we are both registered that he could be with right with me all the time so i don't lose him..and he could ride shotgun.. I tell u this guy was very active and bright also...He got a stroke and now he needs special care...You never know when it can strike ...i am glad that he has responded to his stroke very well.and excepting it...he can't wait to go just as a spectator, but if i could surprise him and he could ride shotgun...i think he would litterly burst out with tears of happiness...i hope he doesn't though cause I'll be doing the same...easy for me to get emotional....Anyway, things are looking up from the responses and unless i hear from someone who has gone and knows for sure i will just have to wait when i get there tomorrow and play things out as they happen...thanks guys for all the info, and help with concerns to my in-law..

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    are u going Sunday eening...also, he can walk but if he tried t go too far he'd be exhausted...i was hopeing since we are both registered that he could be with right with me all the time so i don't lose him..and he could ride shotgun..
    I'm going Sun morn.

My experience was that they were very accommodating. No reason for you two not to be together.

Enjoy yourselves!

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    5) The clubhouse (then) is a two story affair. Indoctrination and the food are on the 2nd floor with only steps.
    that clubhouse isn't there anymore. it was a temporary structure that was taken down and replaced with a single-story temporary structure that we used in May. They were supposed to have a permanent building completed by the end of June - not sure if it has been built yet or not.

). My guess is that they would be happy to have your B-I-L as a passenger.
    In '08, we drove the CTS and XLR-V without an instructor, but if you had a friend (me: TBJS) they could ride along and then we'd swap. We drove the CTS-V with an instructor in the right seat and maybe another participant in the rear seat.
    ORD,,,thanks much for asking...we are both registered .we have our passwords and all pertenant information. SO like Old Road Dawg said too, there should be no reason we can't be in the same lines together..that way i can keep an eye on him...plus that would be pretty ingnorant if i dove all day while he is sitting under an umbrella on the grass for 4 hrs....I 'm starting to feel very optomistic now about showing him a good time...thanks all for all the info. and all your time.
    If anyone see's a 320lb. 6'1' 62yr. old ugly bald guy with a Ravens Shirt and Hat on..that will be mwe..Please come up and introduce yourself...i will be there Sat. evening....May afterwards some of us can go to Hooters or a steakhouse etc. for dinner....All btw: ORD feel free to bear the gold and black. or the mountaineers...i like both teams.........seeya Greg O. [RADARB8]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.