Inconsiderate
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Inconsiderate in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Believe me, I want to type much worse. Somehow, at my work place, people appear not to give a crap ...
    kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Inconsiderate

Believe me, I want to type much worse.

Somehow, at my work place, people appear not to give a crap about what happens in the parking lot. There are a mix of nice cars and not, but mostly, people just don't seem to care. I park at a Gov't facility/campus which is gated, so it's not even the general public that's my problem.

I can barely understand how this would even happen, except someone with something like a laptop bag turning around and swiping this trim piece. There are MANY scratches and some are quite deep, down to what looks like metal or at least primer. This is on the A-pillar and the glass is the windshield. The camera and flash aren't really showing everything. It WILL NOT be removed by compound.

It's been 3 weeks, and this happens already??? Granted it's scratches not "real body damage" but somehow that doesn't make me feel a lot better.

Questions: this seems like plastic, and it also seems like it can be removed if you take the cowl cover off. I might even be able to get a brand new piece, painted Stealth Gray from GM. Can anybody help with that, so if I find this person, I can tell them exactly what to pay me?

EDIT:

Ok those pics aren't doing it.

Here are two better ones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TroyFleming is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Inconsiderate

That piece comes off without removing cowl.

That's good. Any idea how to price out a replacement and do they come painted by any chance?

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I can eliminate half the people right now.

I'd bet twenty buck$ it was a female.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Man that really sucks. I park in a govt gated rooftop and I park in the back row every day so all the people walking to and from their cars don't go walking by mine. I can't count how many times i've seen people walking between cars without a care and smashing their bags/purses/fat asses into the cars. It is really unbelievable. They practically scrape every car they walk by. One day I even saw this guy stop on the way to the door, set a cooler on top of someone else's car (not their own), fidget around a bit, and then slide the cooler off of the roof of that car. I wanted to smash his face through a windshield and ask him wtf he was thinking. Within one week of getting my V, I had a ding in the horizontal moulding on the door panel from someone else opening theirs without paying attention. I don't understand how people can be so careless. When I walk by other cars the very first thing I think about is to be careful and make sure I don't hit/scratch anything.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    That's good. Any idea how to price out a replacement and do they come painted by any chance?
    Try calling this guy.

Luke Butler
    Lindsay Cadillac
    (703)647-8670

TroyFleming is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Try emailing fparts on ebay, they specialize in corvettes, but have about 4 CTS-V in lot, one just so happens to be a Stealth Gray/same color as yours. They may have a nice set of windshield trim. I know GM sells the rear light panel and rockers painted or unpainted, but do not think the trim comes painted.

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

that is absolutely the worst feeling. people are so inconsiderate of other people's property. they wouldn't come into your living room and dump coffee on the floor, but they'll think nothing of putting their briefcase on your trunk or sitting on your hood.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

this is why I dont think I want a new car ever again. Other than the V, my last few cars were so tainted already, I didnt really care. But the V, I was terrified to park it. I work at a small company, so I felt safe in the parking lot outside my office. Everyone here respected that car. But I never wanted to take it to the store, or anywhere I would have to leave it in a public space. So I got into the habit of not driving it much. Which led to me selling it.

My current car, if I saw someone walk up to it and kick a panel, I wouldn't bat an eye. I like not having to worry anymore.

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

it's hard for me to tell where the scratches are...but my wife has them all over the hood and down the fenders....fu___k squirrels jumpin out of the trees.. do u ever park under trees,, also cats love to scratch the f k out of cars and also racoons..especially if you park near your trash cans....so i suggest u eat a lot of squirrel meat this winter. sorry bout the scratches..been there already

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    this is why I dont think I want a new car ever again. Other than the V, my last few cars were so tainted already, I didnt really care. But the V, I was terrified to park it. I work at a small company, so I felt safe in the parking lot outside my office. Everyone here respected that car. But I never wanted to take it to the store, or anywhere I would have to leave it in a public space. So I got into the habit of not driving it much. Which led to me selling it.

My current car, if I saw someone walk up to it and kick a panel, I wouldn't bat an eye. I like not having to worry anymore.
    You should own a Vette.

I love driving it, but I hate going anywhere I have to park as my stressing over it just ruins the evening.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

People who don't care about their property sure as hell don't care about yours. It looks like someone dragged a bag/briefcase across it. Best bet is to park as far away as possible. It reduces the number of people for whom your car is a convenient table/desk/bench/trashcan. Get it fixed, and be glad it wasn't the roof/hood/trunk.

Agreed. Though I do have the base police working on it. I submitted an official report and he's going to at least talk to the owner of the car that parked next to me.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Yeah.. At least its a pretty small panel that would require very little blending if you get it repainted.

I'd think I could just have it repainted via code and call it good, since there is some separation between it and any other panel.

I contacted the eBay guy that Troy recommended. Hopefully I can get a junkyard one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.