Differential Install - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Differential Install in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Willsol Id like to know where to purchase a steel diff. 'Nutz' had that one patterned after ...
    PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Differential Install

Quote Originally Posted by Willsol View Post
    Id like to know where to purchase a steel diff.
    'Nutz' had that one patterned after the stocker. It's much beefier and he was trying to get people to sign up to have them machined. I believe he's working on making it out of a piece that's closer to the final dimensions to cut down on the amount of machining. You might be able to find a couple threads on here that were started by him.

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

here it is
    Attached Images

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    Can it really eliminate all clunking?
    Clunk is essentially gone, as I was able to use an aluminum block in replacement for the cheesy factory rubber front support, due to the strength that the steel front support area has now.

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    Will, it's a one off....only one in existence I believe.
    Correct. Sadly, no investors or commitment to purchase could be shaken up every time I tried in many areas. Mr. Weymar was quite persistent and certainly financially capable. Let's hope now that he has the torch, it can be lit on the west coast. I'm also very excited that an LS3 powered car is being mated up with my diff.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I jizz in my pants everytime I see that thing!

And no more of these?? Noooooooo!!!

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Well Im going with rpm to do the install, and I might do heads and cam at the same time!

I'm excited to put some power down without cringing every second...

Now I gotta get some 305s under that thing

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

just did my diff today. about 1.5 day of slow easy going. take your time and not trouble. the write up make very straight forward. I did get hung as i did remove my ball joint from the hub. i had to get a ball joint pry bar. already had axle rebuilt and replaced that while in there. added a UUC bushing. I am no mechanic and did it in my garage about 18" off floor. I never worked on a car before my V and i dove straight in mod hell!

metric short and deep sockets
    19, 21mm gear wrench
    18" breaker bar
    pry bar to pop axles out
    be sure to have a vent (if diff is new)
    dead blow and brass hammer
    metric hex wrenches

the touch and go part was raising the diff on a jack while trying to get it in position. Literally used my leg to jack it up while laying on my side to lift in and get driver axle into diff and then into position. (I did diff leaving entire driver side together). if you got any questions.. ask. I have not driven it yet to evaluate because i am still doing my cutouts.

save mad coin and have pride and doit yourself... unless im missing something there are no real tricks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.