Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fluid changes

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  bneal1022 
#1 ·
I am changing the trans,diff, and oil tomorrow.

I picked up the following:

Mobil 1 for engine oil
Mobil 1 synthetic atf fluid (Is this ok for our cars?)
Royal Purple gear fluid

Any thoughts? Anything else I should consider doing while I am changing all of this?

I wasn't able to find amsoil or redline at any of the local places which is why I went with mobil 1 for atf and royal purple for the diff.

#4 ·
What viscosities are you going to be running? 75w90 in the dif? 5w30 in the engine? Before you change the trans fluid, I agree with MikeV that you should order some Amsoil Torque-Drive - it makes a definite difference in shift feel. While you're at it, get a hand pump from Amsoil too ($10). It'll attach right to the bottles and save you a whole lot of mess and headaches.

#5 ·
+1 on the Amsoil Tranny Fluid. And remember - Search is your friend.

-Treeves: You have to find someone that is an amsoil dealer or order it online. No one sells it retail. "c66 racing" in the forums here is a dealer. (I am personally baffled by the Amsoil business plan.... its good stuff, but they make it very hard to buy it.)

-Mitchntx: Rear diff capacity is more like 1-1/2 quarts.

#10 ·
i use:
engine = synthetic 5w30 mobil 1
tranny = royal purp synchromax
diff = was royal purp max gear 75w90, new diff this weekend used amsoil severe gear 75-110 with redline "break-in" additive. use for 1st 500 miles then change fluid refill with new amsoil
brakes, power steering and clutch (as best I can) = prestone dot 4 brake fluid... could do better here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.