Anyone joining me at Monticello raceway on 8/21-22 to drive '11 CTS-V Coupe? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone joining me at Monticello raceway on 8/21-22 to drive '11 CTS-V Coupe? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by RADARB8 wow it sure is private..$130,000.00 initiation fee for premium founding membership. Someone wanted to know if ...
    repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Anyone joining me at Monticello raceway on 8/21-22 to drive '11 CTS-V Coupe?

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    wow it sure is private..$130,000.00 initiation fee for premium founding membership. Someone wanted to know if u can race your own cars. I am surprised we can even park in their lot...this track from what i read is awesome with 450' elevations..and was just built in 2008...i e-mailed Ron the dude in charge of this place and he was cool...He e-mailed CADILLAC and said hopefully CADILLAC will e-mail me for the 4 tickets i need...damn i hope i hear from them soon... I forget the dates though..is it like the 20th till23rd of August....
    I ran the full course configuration earlier this year with COMSCC in my Miata. It's an ok track. Many of the facilities and amenities that make it a 'premium' track have yet to be installed. I found it not quite as challenging in the car I was in due to the fact that most of the corners are clearly meant for a high speed car.

It would definitely be more challenging in a V. I made a video of me running a hot lap at the track that you can see here:

jnrandall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Anyone joining me at Monticello raceway on 8/21-22 to drive '11 CTS-V Coupe?

All registered up! SlvrVee and I have been slotted to the Sunday morning session. Hope to see some of you guys there! Thanks again to ORD and TBJS.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Can anyone help out with an invite?
    I sent an email to the link that was posted and haven't heard anything back yet...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

When did you send it? I sent mine on Sunday and just heard back today.

Quote Originally Posted by jnrandall View Post
    When did you send it? I sent mine on Sunday and just heard back today.
    Sunday afternoon

Perhaps she's getting to them now. Mine was sent at 6:30PM on Sunday. I'd send a follow up.

Perhaps she's getting to them now. Mine was sent at 6:30PM on Sunday. I'd send a follow up.
    Thanks, I just sent them a follow-up request for an invite

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Smile Re: Anyone joining me at Monticello raceway on 8/21-22 to drive '11 CTS-V Coupe?

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I'll be there on Sunday.

Hey JDB, i got my helmet readyToday i get an e-mail from Cadillac saying i got 4 track passes...I just need names and addresses, city, state, and phone#'s of all coming...I am rounding up some folks...I might have 1 pass left....where do u live in Pa.. I am coming up from Balto. area...probably take I-83 up to Harrisburg and keep the pedal Northbound and down...SHIT I SOUND LIKE A TRUCK DRIVER..DAMN I AM A 35 YEAR VETERAN TRUCK DRIVER

kirchbed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    ...I might have 1 pass left....

I'll take it if you're offering! I emailed them this morning and haven't heard back yet. I'm in DC and could meet up for the drive. My car is NA, but I'll do my best to keep up with your turbo'd awesomeness.

Doug

I'll take the extra pass if it's available...I still haven't heard back from them yet

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

All registered up! SlvrVee and I have been slotted to the Sunday morning session. Hope to see some of you guys there! Thanks again to ORD and TBJS.
    Good deal Jess! See ya Sun morn

ORD

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    Morning or afternoon session?
    I'll be there for the Sunday morning session.

No. They will provide 2011 CTS coupes, CTS-V sedans and CTS-V coupes.

They break the attendees up into 3 groups and you'll go to different sections of the track where you'll drive the respective models with a driving instructor for a predetermined amount of time before rotating to the next section and a different model Cadillac.

The last time I was there (Oct '08) they provided a light breakfast/lunch prior to the indoctrination and track time. Bring a helmet if you own one, or they will provide one.

They usually hand out various Cadillac swag after the event. All-in-all a fun day since you are thrashing on their cars on a very nice private 'closed course'.

Your only costs will transportation (gas) and lodging (unless you live reasonably close). If you log on to the Events site, read the FAQ at the bottom. Should answer most of your questions.
    I am going to log in right now to events, cause i have a question: if i bring someone who is not going to drive in the event, would he or she have to also have a pass to get in....?

zero26039 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Ill be Attending Sunday afternoon. Should be a lot of fun. See you all there

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    Morning or afternoon session?
    I'll be there for the Sunday morning session.

No. They will provide 2011 CTS coupes, CTS-V sedans and CTS-V coupes.

They break the attendees up into 3 groups and you'll go to different sections of the track where you'll drive the respective models with a driving instructor for a predetermined amount of time before rotating to the next section and a different model Cadillac.

The last time I was there (Oct '08) they provided a light breakfast/lunch prior to the indoctrination and track time. Bring a helmet if you own one, or they will provide one.

They usually hand out various Cadillac swag after the event. All-in-all a fun day since you are thrashing on their cars on a very nice private 'closed course'.

Your only costs will transportation (gas) and lodging (unless you live reasonably close). If you log on to the Events site, read the FAQ at the bottom. Should answer most of your questions.
    Yeah, i think now riders need passed also.did u guys see in the membership page!
    Members have to get an ok by the board to bring a friend in... even if they don't drive...even if it is their wife...and it STILL COST $1000.00..WOW

BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

Hey guys, I was just browsing around and saw this thread. I was just curious if it is possible to go to this event just to watch? I am actually in Monticello now and would really like to check it out. Seems like it would be fun. I would really be interested in Sunday. Please let me know if it is possible, I could really use a relaxing day, been very busy lately. Not that it matters I have a 2008 Hot Lava CTS. Just would like to go and check it out as I am pretty close by.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.