Intermittent no crank - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Intermittent no crank in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; don't order from GMpartsdirect.com whatever you do!...
    repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Intermittent no crank

don't order from GMpartsdirect.com whatever you do!

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

No, no, I won't. I haven't ordered from them since their "heyday" if they had one. I have a guy up in NH that I like to use (from my B-body days) who gives me dealer cost + 10%. I also have some sway bar bushings on order with Luke @ Lindsay. For internet orders, I use Rockauto a bit, at least for my 93 Caprice, 91 Ranger and my wife's 2000 Malibu. Then there's my local Napa. Autozone occasionally. Yeah I get parts from just about everywhere.

branland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SC

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be the starter or the solenoid. When I had the old starter out, I could jumper it and it would work, but when I put it back in the car I got nothing.

Like Houdini, since I've had the new Starter, zero problems.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

On one of my previous cars, corrosion between the engine and trans was causing an intermittent voltage drop that would prevent the car from starting. Something to consider.

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

That sounds like the starter was bolted onto the trans, not the engine, so the ground return path had a high resistance.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think the starter was bolted to the engine, but the ground connection went through the trans. That was a front drive transaxle though.
    My point is with modern automobiles, anything is possible. Including problems.

dedeaux89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Does anyone have the part number for the clutch start switch that way I have more reassurance that I'm ordering the right part. If anyone could recommend the best website I'd appreciate it.

dedeaux89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I put the clutch start switch in and it worked like magic.... For a few days now it's doing this same problem.. I replaced that one wire on the starter already is a new starter my next step or should I try something else cheaper before I gamble on it being the starter or not

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.