Fuel pump replacement...access panel?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Fuel pump replacement...access panel? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The fuel pump on my 06' V went out today...I need to know if there is any access panel inside ...
    (sic)robb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Fuel pump replacement...access panel?

The fuel pump on my 06' V went out today...I need to know if there is any access panel inside the car to get to the pump/tank? Otherwise I will have to drop the tank, and that will be a bitch... I've tried calling friends at auto shops googling it and I cant find anything...Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Fuel pump replacement...access panel?

As I understand it, the fuel pump is inside the tank.

And the "B" word is also how I understand it.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

(sic)robb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

I know that... I need to know if there is an access panel to the backseat to get to it!

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Is this you Britt?

I think someone on here or maybe another forum cut a panel to get to theirs but it was pretty scary looking. Butchered up their V pretty bad. I would just suck it up and drop the tank.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Yes, I did, and the pictures I posted were ugly, but that was before I cleaned it up a bunch. Anyways, it's still under the backseat and I'm not anal about my V being perfect. I bought it used and it was never perfect, but that's my personal choice.

Cutting the hole is not hard to do, the metal is thin and soft to cut through, and you can easily make a sheet metal panel to cover the hole when you're done. In my case, I didn't replace it to upgrade the pump, I had an electrical issue that I want to keep an eye on. For that reason, dropping the tank would have allowed to me fix the problem, but it is extremely unrealistic to drop the tank every couple of weeks to keep an eye on a problem that could potentially return.

JoanieAV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6

Id like to know why you had to cut a hole to access the fuel pump or replace it. Does that mean that theres no other way to change the pump. Oh and can you tell me where you posted the pics I just need to see how you did it cause I need to change my pump and nobody can tell me where to access the pump thru

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

See attached.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.