Oil pressure sender #4! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Oil pressure sender #4! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I don't know if this is related, but I've been having an issue when I get the RPMs over 3 ...
    James R. Brown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Oil pressure sender #4!

I don't know if this is related, but I've been having an issue when I get the RPMs over 3 or accelerate "passionately". The oil pressure normally reads 129psi, but if I do either of the two above mentioned things, the indicator shows the pressure dropping to --- and I get a "Service Engine Soon" warning. Is that the same type of issue?

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

From what I have read, it sure sounds like it. I think I blew my pressure switch(sensor) when I blew a shift, could be coincidence, but i was shifting into third and I hit first instead (eeek). It only redlined for a split second and made the tires chirp. I'm actually surprised it let me into first, usually first will grind before letting you in at any speed above 10ish mph.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey

I had one replaced last week, finally. I've had my car 6 days and it is shot already. This there is a warranty or money back option available?

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Easiest way to kill one is to overfill the oil (for some reason) or to romp on it when the engine is "cold", when the oil is thick.

QwkRhino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Did mine today with the Maggie installed not a fun job it was stuck at 129 psi! Took most of the day to do with a few stop at the store. First I remove the wipers cowl and wiper motor to get better access then bought the sender tool and grinded one side of it off but it did not work because it was just too tight. So then I tried to use the dremel but man is that still tight to get in there. I had to use the remote extention tool that screws onto the dremal head. Started grinding with the pointed grinding stones but what I found what worked best for the job was Engraving Cutter. http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessor...raving+Cutters. Then bought anthother sender socket put it on a swivel and used an extension and it came right out.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Dang, do you hire out?!! I've had this issue for years and just haven't set aside an entire day to take this on. If you don't hire out, would you consider selling/renting your tool?

You should really do a write up and find someone to put it on the FAQ, too.

What about pics? Got any pics?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

QwkRhino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Here is the tool I made to remove the oil sender with a Maggie Supercharger.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Hey, QwkRhino ... tried to PM you, but it bounced back. I thought you only needed 5 posts to receive PMs, but apparently it's more than your 7.

Shoot me an email, if you would: rhfield<at>gmail<dot>com

Much obliged.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.