Woodward Dream Cruise - August 21, 2010 - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Woodward Dream Cruise - August 21, 2010 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm here and of course it's raining!...
    0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Woodward Dream Cruise - August 21, 2010

I'm here and of course it's raining!

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Let me know when it stops. Can be there in 15 min. May just jump in the Jeep and come over anyway.

edwalton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Too bad about the rain - it stopped a lot of people - those of us that were there had a good time. Sorry we didn't make it back to the lot, Randy. Sam and I got stuck in the traffic at 13Mile. We hopped off at 12Mile to head for home.
    Had 2 incidents of "jumping out of 1st!" for Sam. First time he experienced that! He thought someone had hit us from behind! I've had it a few times. Not enough to worry about!
    If you see this before you head home - check out the Shelby ProMasters just south of 16Mile. Nice looking kit cars!
    Take care - put Sam and I down for next year - Maybe he will have his new "ride" by then!

I had a good time, although next year I hope we can get some better weather!

The food was delicious! Let me know what to bring next year.

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

I showed up at 5:30 after the weather broke to find an empty parking lot. Many cars on Woodward though.
    Attached Images

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Rain stunk.

For the last couple of hours, it's been clearing up. Right now, it's not completely clear, but I see sun peeking through and blue sky in spots.

Figures.

Hey, Jason, thanks for the hospitality! Having the food and grill under that part of the drivethru worked out great. I left that darn clipboard and probably too much other stuff for you to tend to ... sorry 'bout that. Maybe dropping Steve off at home is at least a partial offset for sticking you like that. Your girls were all very cute (you're gonna have your hands full in a few years) and seemed to have a good time. I sure wanted to stay a bunch longer.

Got one pic. This is early before Den_93, BigRon, MescalVto, Nutz, Ryan's'05V, and few others arrived.

CTS V in the D is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS V

Had a great time today, great to meet you guys. Hope those that were there liked the burnout on the way out, I thought it was quite good. The wife and 6 month old in the back liked it!

Bigron is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Thanks for having a V-less member at the party. Good times.
    Randy your mailbox is full, if you still need my addy for tomorrow let me know, I can text it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigron View Post
    Thanks for having a V-less member at the party. Good times.
    Randy your mailbox is full, if you still need my addy for tomorrow let me know, I can text it again.
    Ron, I got your text page this time. I'll see you about 1:30-1:40 pm.

BTW, you might want to rewrite your sig ... maybe something like, "Sold my V1. Looking for well-maintained '09 V, Recaros, 6-spd man, under XXk miles, preferably black, under $XXk. Please take care of it till I'm ready to pull the trigger. "

EDIT: Oh, CTS V in the D ... it was nice meeting you and Mrs. CTS V in the D and that beautiful little 6-month-old. Hope to see you in the future!

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V

Had a good time. Thanks Jason for setting everything up and anyone else I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    Had a good time. Thanks Jason for setting everything up and anyone else I missed.
    With your little guy in tow, it was nice you were able to make it. He's getting big! You sure have your hands full with him, with your house, with trying to meet up with us ... . I've still got the bottle of Captain Morgan for you. Baker's ... we'll do Baker's, and I'll give it to you then.

Oh, and your car sounded GREAT as usual.

CTS V in the D is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS V

Randy, nice meeting you too. It was great to see all the V's together, even if it wasn't as many as we originally thought!

-Chris

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

The rain cleared up by 6p and the sun came out! Woodward was back in full force the rest of the night! NUTZ took me out in his 09 V. The power is smooth, almost felt like I was sitting in a private jet. Braking was amazing too! Also went out in Chucks 08 Shelby GT (over 600hp)...wow what a car. I needed a neck brace after that ride. That boy has some driving skills.

It was great hanging out with you guys!! Most of us still came despite the weather. Yeah it rained but we ate great and met some new faces! I spent a good amount of time with the guys from Cleveland (NUTZ, 03blwn281, 550HP STSV) & also Sam (52many) over the whole weekend, great time as always. Already looking forward to next year.

Lets try to meet up one more time before end of season!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by commander112 View Post
    I showed up at 5:30 after the weather broke to find an empty parking lot. Many cars on Woodward though.
    We were there! We parked the car's on the side facing Woodward...09V, 3 CTS V1's, STS V, Viper GTS, 03 Cobra...they were all there.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Hey, Jason, thanks for the hospitality! Having the food and grill under that part of the drivethru worked out great. I left that darn clipboard and probably too much other stuff for you to tend to ... sorry 'bout that. Maybe dropping Steve off at home is at least a partial offset for sticking you like that. Your girls were all very cute (you're gonna have your hands full in a few years) and seemed to have a good time. I sure wanted to stay a bunch longer.
    Boy Randy it really picked up as the weather cleared! Wished you and your son could have stayed longer. I didn't leave till midnight. Yeah the girls are troopers, they didn't want to leave all night. I smoked a Mustang last night because they egged me on...I have my hands full in a good way.

Thank you very much for the help. It still turned out very well and always great to hang out with good people. I have your clipboard and glasses (I think they are yours). Looking forward to organizing the next event with you.

I'll take a rain check on your supercharged V! Still need that ride.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS V in the D View Post
    Had a great time today, great to meet you guys. Hope those that were there liked the burnout on the way out, I thought it was quite good. The wife and 6 month old in the back liked it!

Chris - Way to represent the V! One heck of a burnout...Great to meet you and the family!

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    Thanks Dennis...good time as always. Car looks sick by the way.

I took one picture, but my dad got a few good ones of the early cars.

BTW it was nice meeting JD03Cobra, Rand49er, Den_93, CTS V in the D, BigRon, and all the other guys.

52many is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    With your little guy in tow, it was nice you were able to make it. He's getting big! You sure have your hands full with him, with your house, with trying to meet up with us ... . I've still got the bottle of Captain Morgan for you. Baker's ... we'll do Baker's, and I'll give it to you then.

Oh, and your car sounded GREAT as usual.
    Mmm, Baker's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.