Shift knob and boot part number?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Shift knob and boot part number? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anyone know the part number? I can't seem to get the knob and boot off of the Mallett shifter to ...
    wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Shift knob and boot part number?

Anyone know the part number? I can't seem to get the knob and boot off of the Mallett shifter to try out my latest version of the modified stocker, even though I've had it off half a dozen times or so now.

So, I'm thinking it will get damaged soon when I force it off. Would like to have a replacement ready for when it happens.

Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Shift knob and boot part number?

Wildwhl,

Part number is: 25753854 Retail is 174.85 and comes with the boot.

Had mine replaced under warranty when it had a little accident

Shane

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

$175 for a knob and boot? What the

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Gm parts direct has it for $104.70 Glad mine was under warranty

Shane

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

GM PART # 25753854
    CATEGORY: Transmission Gearshift Control
    PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
    GM LIST: $183.68
    OUR PRICE: $104.70
    DESCRIPTION: KNOB

Hmmmm...$100+?

Well, might have to simply come up with an aftermarket knob to use with the OEM boot for that much

StealthV engineering short throw shifter now comes with cool billet knob? carbon knob? ideas? Just trying to give Rick more to do!

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Take a number dude.... Rick, how's my fire extinguisher mount coming along...

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

ditto
    StealthV....I'm waiting for all your stuff!!

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

WildWhl, did you ever get your knob off?

I tried looking at my shifter this evening to check out the play it has, and the damn thing won't come off. I really tried too.

First time trying to take the knob off the Mallett Shifter.

[QUOTE=rabid]WildWhl, did you ever get your knob off?QUOTE]

Damn, Rabid, a bit personal don't you think?

The answer is no, I cannot seem to get this thing off. I even created a makeshift lever to pry with and had help. It is friggin' on there and I don't understand why. I have had it off a couple of times since the original install of the Mallett shifter, removal and back to stock shifter, repeat. I can't figure out how it can be on there so tough...and have applied what I thought would have been enough force to break it off! I'm trying to be careful and not let anything slip when it comes apart thereby doing damage to any other areas of the car (i.e. dash).

This weekend I will give it one last, serious, balls to the wall try. If it doesn't come off, I'm shipping the modified shifter to StealthV for him to try out. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to have a second opinion of the mods.

For those of you patiently waiting, the time it takes to modify the stock shifter is less than one hour. The addition of the urethane bushings that lasstss has planned should make a nearly perfect, IMHO, unit. There are limits to what can be achieved with a remote shifter design such as that on the V...but I've done my best with my limited engineering knowledge and fabrication experience.

Also, I happened to see a B&M commercial for their line of shifters over the weekend on TV. I noticed that most of them appear to have some sort of extra mass machined into or attached to the stalk. I would guess this would be a noise reduction measure, but can't say for sure. I recall reading somewhere that someone had attached or suggested attaching something used in outboard boats...don't recall the term (zinc weight?)...but it was basically a weight attached around the shift stalk to tame down noise. Those with the Mallett shifter could consider trying this option as well.

Man, I feel like a bit of a slacker not getting to these half finished mods, but I have to be honest. We're experiencing over 40% sales growth for the second year running at our shop - and that compounded growth has me scrambling for the moment acquiring additional equipment and personnel. Duty calls, I suppose, but I sure do miss the fun time with the cars at the moment...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.