Anyone have scraping with Venetos?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone have scraping with Venetos? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I installed my veneto wheels today after finding out that I was mistakenly shipped only 20 lug nuts instead of ...
    junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

Anyone have scraping with Venetos?

I installed my veneto wheels today after finding out that I was mistakenly shipped only 20 lug nuts instead of the 24 that was listed on the invoice. I figured it would be ok to drive the car home with one less nut on each wheel. Now i'm getting some loud scraping on the rear passenger wheel's inner lip. Do you think that would be caused by only having 5 lug nuts on the wheel and the wheel itself is deflecting a little bit? Anyone else encounter any scraping like I described?

Props to Dan at Wheeldude for 2nd day air mailing me 4 more lug nuts out. The wheels look great, BTW!
    Either way I'll be trying to get some of the trailing arms from MAP to install.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MAPerformance is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Anyone have scraping with Venetos?

Did you see where the scraping is coming from? Is it on the trailing arms or somewhere else?

Sent you a pm!

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

You most likely just need to roll you fenders. Just running 5 lugs won't cause that much if any deflection in the wheel. It's just a wide wheel and some may need to roll or adjust the inner fender due to differance in car alignment and the build tolerance at the factory.

It's definitely the trailing arm. I'll try to attach 3 pics. Let's hope this works.

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

In the meantime (while waiting for MAP's arms) take little bit off right there on the trailing arms and try and driver her slow and easy... wouldn't want to muck up those nice wheels

MAP... when you going to have that next batch ready? here's someone who is getting bumped to the top of the list

Got the cash in hand lol. Here's one more pic from a slightly different angle. On the passenger side there seems to be more clearance, but definitely not a finger width.

Could there be some part of the suspension on that side that is failing or has failed. If it matters, I've got Moben coilovers and Hotchkis swaybars

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I actually have the same issue - even the same corner of the car. Unfortunately, the only pics I've been able to get are somewhat crappy cellphone pics, so I hadn't posted them up. With the car up on a 4-post lift (so the suspension is at normal ride height, not unweighted/drooping) I've got probably almost twice as much clearance on the driver side as I do on the passenger side. Even a slight load on the right rear (due to cornering or a bump) is enough to get the wheel to rub exactly like yours.

I pulled off both rear wheels and checked to be sure there wasn't a manufacturing flaw that left one wheel with more backspacing than the other; no issues there, the wheels are fine. I guess it's either production tolerances in the rear suspension, or perhaps some worn out bushings that allow a bit more slop in the passenger side trailing arm than in the driver side? I didn't really look closely enough to try to figure that out. I would be interested to know if others have less clearance on the passenger side than on the driver side. Maybe all the cars are like that? And maybe some of us are just unlucky and have enough variation that it causes rubbing?

I ordered some of the MAP trailing arms today, which I was going to end up doing at some point anyway. I'm not too thrilled that installing them requires one to clearance the knuckles, but I guess in this case I can't have my cake and eat it too.

Oh, and the wheels do look abso-frickin'-lutely awesome. I'm very, very happy with the purchase. I didn't get any pics in the few days they were on the car because the car was filthy - super heavy pollen + repeated rain showers doesn't do much for making the car pretty.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Glad you found it. I've always had a problem with the fenders on my car. They are already rolled so I'm thinking having them pushed out just a hair.

nytoolmkr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 OBM CTS-V Sport wagon, 3 pedals

wish this thread came out before I ordered my set.....
    been waiting to place the order....didn't want be have issues
    now I'll have to wait and see, wheels are due to arrive next Tues.

BTW is your V stock height or lowered at all ?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

what about pics of your car with the wheels on?? at least it looksgood..

POS VETT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

"Wear to fit". It's just scraping the paint off

I'm so going to have so much trouble when it's time to finally fit these SSR Comp-H in 19x10.5 size on all four ...

My car is at stock height. I couldn't get pics of them on the car as it was at night in poor lighting when I took those above. I'll get pics of the car with wheels on soon, after I get the correct center caps in the mail in a few days I hope.

Thanks for the order, and someone swears that the trailing arms not needed... LOL!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.