Anyone have scraping with Venetos? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone have scraping with Venetos? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; MAP appears to be making the trailing arms still (or again?). I've seen them listed on ebay every time I ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Anyone have scraping with Venetos?

MAP appears to be making the trailing arms still (or again?). I've seen them listed on ebay every time I check my CTS-V saved search. (They might get more hits on them if they learned to spell "trailing" correctly in the listing!)

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    MAP appears to be making the trailing arms still (or again?). I've seen them listed on ebay every time I check my CTS-V saved search. (They might get more hits on them if they learned to spell "trailing" correctly in the listing!)
    I brought this to his attention and he said he'd be leaving the ebay listings up because he may have had the parts around the shop to put another set or two together. He was 100% sure that he wouldn't be making the arms anymore though.

CADZILA is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398 View Post
    Also, being lowered (h&r's) with 275's in the back, I had to have my fenders rolled to keep the feder lip off my tires on hard turns or big dips in the road. Before I bought my wheels, wheeldude conformed that I would NOT have either of these issues, even being lowered, which is why they offered to cover the cost of the trailing arms.
    So the new Linea Corse LC855 19x10 6x115 with a +47mm offset which I have on order are the same size and offset as the Venetos you are refering to in this post? If so and you had to roll your fenders for clearance AND use the MAP arms then spacers would be out of the question. Which means I better jump on one of the 4 sets of arms MAP has left for sale or i'm f****d. Is that what i'm reading here?

Quote Originally Posted by CADZILA View Post
    So the new Linea Corse LC855 19x10 6x115 with a +47mm offset which I have on order are the same size and offset as the Venetos you are refering to in this post? If so and you had to roll your fenders for clearance AND use the MAP arms then spacers would be out of the question. Which means I better jump on one of the 4 sets of arms MAP has left for sale or i'm f****d. Is that what i'm reading here?
    I also had to space my h&r's with a 3/8ths thick rubber washer that I made, to gain some height back from the nearly 2 inches they dropped me. See the last few pages of a post called "my (the) Nivomat solution" by "EdmondGTP"? for more info. I also have a number of threads on the topic of my wheel fitment issues.

The wheels you're getting and the ones I have are indeed the same size, offset, etc. There are a few variables regarding our cars though. One is how low your rear end is. Second is how worn your bushings are. Since this charade stated for me, I've learned that the trailing arm rubbing is likely due to worn OEM bushings. I can't say for sure, and I haven't seen anyone do it, but my assumption would be that new trailing arm bushings might save you from the issue as well. Third, I think, is how lucky you are. lol If the stars align, you'll be able to stick those babies on and be issue-free. I REALLY don't think stud spacers are going to help. They're just going to bring the tire/wheel closer to the fender.

When I was dealing with wheeldude about the fitment issues I was having, they did say that they were going to add a disclaimer to their website regarding the possible need for the trailing arms. What I had on my side was 3 different emails from their sales staff (before I bought the wheels) confirming that I wouldn't have any fitment issues, given my setup. I think that's why they covered the cost of the arms (anything else was @ my expense).

Good luck and keep us posted.

CADZILA is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

My car is lowered with the KW Coilovers so it's pretty low. As far as worn bushings, it only has 10,400 miles so I doubt they are worn. That being said, I went ahead a ordered the MAP trailing arms off ebay last night. If they are no longer going to make them, thought better to play it safe. Said they had 4 available. 3 now I guess. As far as being lucky.....I won over 2k last week playing Video Keno! Paid for my new wheels and tires! Lol

Well youve got the adjustment there from the KW's so you don't need to worry about ride height. And if you don't wind up needing the arms, they'll get scooped up on the classifieds, I'm sure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.