Anyone have scraping with Venetos? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone have scraping with Venetos? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by MAPerformance Thanks for the order, and someone swears that the trailing arms not needed... LOL! I would ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Anyone have scraping with Venetos?

Quote Originally Posted by MAPerformance View Post
    Thanks for the order, and someone swears that the trailing arms not needed... LOL!
    I would still say the trailing arms are not needed. I've got probably almost 1/2" of clearance on the driver side, and maybe 1/8" of clearance on the passenger side. That would leave me to believe something is wrong with the car, not with the wheel fitment.

There appear to only be 2 of us having this issue. The original batch of Venetos was something like 20 sets, and I think Dan had presold most of those. As I said in my original post, it could be due to a number of things, but I don't think this is normal or should lead one to believe that aftermarket trailing arms are needed to fit the Venetos.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

MAPerformance is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Not saying they are needed to fit the Venetos. I was speaking in general, these wheels just give it another +1 as far as a product goes.

Also, this would be the 4th case All 4 cases have purchased trailing arms through me.

Wheeldude.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Sorry for the late reply in this post, I wanted to first contact the vast majority of our customers currently running the Linea Corse Veneto wheels. From our multiple test fits here in the shop and our other customers running these wheels across the US (~13 sets have been sold from the first batch), this problem is very isolated and is not a problem with the wheels. Out of all the sets currently installed on cars, we've had 3 reports of light contact on the trailing arm (Pat (AAIIIC), Wade (junoreactor), and one other member). The other 10+ cars including our local CTS-V that we did our own test fitting on, have all reported no rubbing/contact (there is ~6mm's of trailing arm clearance, a safe distance for wheel clearance).

In Pat(AAIIIC) and Wade's(junoreactor) case it does appear there could be an alignment, bushing, and or suspension issue causing their clearance issues. As they mentioned, their clearance issues are focused on only one corner of the car. I would strongly suggest checking your trailing arm bushings as a worn bushing could cause some deflection while under stress (hard acceleration and or hard turns).

-Dan

MAPerformance is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

It is definitely from worn bushings on the factory trailing arm, as stated many many times before. Our original design was a trailing arm with superior bushings, allowing wider wheels is just a bonus!

Again, I was stating in general. You don't need our trailing arms to run the Veneto's but its recommended if you have 50k+ miles in an area were you get snow and a lot of climate change. Climate change is one of the top causes of premature wear to factory bushings, this is why we supply a poly bushing for the hub and use a spherical bushing up front.

Dan/Wheeldude - I shot you an AIM yesterday and about 2 weeks ago trying to get a set of hyperblack Venentos. No love man? Haven't heard back.

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

I'd definitely agree the prob isn't with the Venetos as most others have no probs. I want to make it clear that I think the issue is with my car, such as worn bushings or whatever. Purchasing the trailing arms will kill 2 birds with one stone: new bushings and wider clearance.

cencalc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by junoreactor View Post
    I'd definitely agree the prob isn't with the Venetos as most others have no probs. I want to make it clear that I think the issue is with my car, such as worn bushings or whatever. Purchasing the trailing arms will kill 2 birds with one stone: new bushings and wider clearance.
    I agree....I was going nuts thinking I was the only 1 with this problem.I'm also waiting on my trailing arms from Maperformance. I went ahead and grinded them down for the time being.Eitherway I'm very happy with my wheels

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

I installed my veneto wheels today after finding out that I was mistakenly shipped only 20 lug nuts instead of the 24 that was listed on the invoice. I figured it would be ok to drive the car home with one less nut on each wheel. Now i'm getting some loud scraping on the rear passenger wheel's inner lip. Do you think that would be caused by only having 5 lug nuts on the wheel and the wheel itself is deflecting a little bit? Anyone else encounter any scraping like I described?

Props to Dan at Wheeldude for 2nd day air mailing me 4 more lug nuts out. The wheels look great, BTW!
    Either way I'll be trying to get some of the trailing arms from MAP to install.
    What size tire are u running on the new 10 1/2" Veneto wheels???

There are no 10-1/2" Veneto wheels.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

275/35/19 Hankook Ventus V12's per Wheeldude's recommendation. I'm planning on lowering the car soon and couldn't really utilize wider tires.

isakhanyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Manual

I installed my veneto wheels today after finding out that I was mistakenly shipped only 20 lug nuts instead of the 24 that was listed on the invoice. I figured it would be ok to drive the car home with one less nut on each wheel. Now i'm getting some loud scraping on the rear passenger wheel's inner lip. Do you think that would be caused by only having 5 lug nuts on the wheel and the wheel itself is deflecting a little bit? Anyone else encounter any scraping like I described?

Props to Dan at Wheeldude for 2nd day air mailing me 4 more lug nuts out. The wheels look great, BTW!
    Either way I'll be trying to get some of the trailing arms from MAP to install.

I had the same issue as you, I went to Dan and he provided me with spacers because of the scraping. As far as the MAP trailing arms I do not recommend it because they are thicker then the stocks which will scrape more.

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Take off the tire and see where it is scraping>>check the rim, the tire the wheelwell, trl. arm etc..If it is the trl. arm then i suggest getting the MAP trl. arms and the CS bushings...If it is real noticeable, put a washer around ea. stud and take a mild drive. Maybe go over asome speed bumps etc. but just take it easy..If the rubbing stops u will know what size spacer u need by the number of washers u put on.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by isakhanyan View Post
    I had the same issue as you, I went to Dan and he provided me with spacers because of the scraping. As far as the MAP trailing arms I do not recommend it because they are thicker then the stocks which will scrape more.
    They're thicker, but they're also bent differently to allow for more wheel clearance.

As far as the MAP trailing arms I do not recommend it because they are thicker then [sic] the stocks which will scrape more.
    Thank you for bumping a thread from May 2010 with a reply that is incorrect. The MAP trailing arms were specifically designed to provide more wheel clearance, and they do exactly that.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    As AAIIIC said, this is bogus info. Just wanted to be clear on that for anyone who comes across this thread while searching. MAP trailing arms, even without new bushings, provide a TON more clearance. The BMR trailing arms however, are thicker and are NOT shaped any differently than OEM, thus making clearance issues even worse.

Also as a year-later update, MAP is no longer producing these trailing arms. I installed my LC Venetos this spring and they scraped pretty good on my passenger side trailing arm, especially on left hand turns. I called wheeldude and they actually covered the cost of the MAP arms, which I took one of the last sets of. Also, being lowered (h&r's) with 275's in the back, I had to have my fenders rolled to keep the feder lip off my tires on hard turns or big dips in the road. Before I bought my wheels, wheeldude conformed that I would NOT have either of these issues, even being lowered, which is why they offered to cover the cost of the trailing arms.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Looks like the current options are small spacers. 3/8-1/4".

Or, Grinding the stock trailing arm for clearance.

Personally, I'm running spacers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.