Cadillac Owners Forum banner
380K views 3K replies 626 participants last post by  SwampFox 
#1 · (Edited)
Doesn't count if you know the other driver ;) or are parked at a meet/race etc. Post all your sightings in this thread!

If you happen to resemble the person/driver spotted, chime in - we'd love to know who we saw.

I saw my 2nd V on the road now (and I wasn't in mine this time),
Fri 8/13 approx 7pm on CA-156 btwn Prunedale and Castroville, best of all it was RED LINE!

-Ben

EDIT - If you spot one parked (again not one you know/at at meet, etc.) you should post that as well. No real limit to only those moving. No posting if you see it on the delear lot ;)

#1,775 ·
Fort Benning, GA. We came into post together off the Cussetta gate. I turned to the CRC and you went straight towards Ranger battalion.

#1,782 ·
Okay, who did I see on I-95 southbound around the Delaware/MD border tonight? You: slammed silver V, Jersey plates, exhaust (your buddy: late model cobra); me: black V, exhaust. Micky?

Was tempted to stop with you guys at Maryland House, but I was an hour away from home after 3 weeks of on the road and a full day of driving. Your car looked great; mine, not so much after this 4k mile trip.

Doug

#1,786 ·
I decided on a CTS-V after doing much research back late last year. I started looking for one on the road and I have seen only 1 in the past 10 months and that was in July, a red one on I-20 going eastbound. I am a "spotter car nut" and during that time I have seen many other cars that people would call exotic or rare. 6 Maserati, 1 Lamborghini, 4 Aston Martin, several Bentley. several Viper. 3 Ferrari, 1 GT500, 4 Lotus and several Shelby "Cobras" but only 1 CTS-V except for the black one that is in my driveway.

#1,787 ·
About two weeks ago I was coming home from work going southbound on the Florida Turnpike (between I4 and Osceola Pkwy for you Floridians). I was having fun with a few Mustangs and it was just another day of loving the V. I was out in front doing about 85 when I looked in the mirror and saw the unmistakable grill of the new CTS-V. He was about 2 feet behind my bumper and flashing his headlights. I pulled over and he pulled up next to me. We exchanged "thumbs up" and then he signaled that he'd like to run a little.

I downshifted from 6th to 5th which puts me right in the middle of the great part of 5th for acceleration. We both mashed the gas pedals and honestly guys that car left me like I was driving a riding lawn mower. His was jet black and looked like he drove it straight off the showroom lot.

That would be good enough of a story, but here was the kicker: Saturday we were celebrating my birthday with my whole family and about 30 friends at my house. I had just detailed my V that morning and had it proudly on display in the driveway. We were in the middle of some serious corn hole and guess who pulls up in front my driveway and honks his horn.....yep, the same guy with the new V! To say it's a small world does not do it justice. I live in a town of less than 25k people and I'm 95% sure I have the only V here. To have this guy come into my neighborhood, on my block - that's some pretty small odds.

Anyways, we talked for a few minutes and he showed me his car. It is truly a beautiful machine. He opted for the automatic, saying something about it being quicker to 60 than the manual. He doesn't live in this area but travels here frequently for work. I told him to stop by anytime but not to embarrass me on my turf anymore. Other than that guy, I have yet to see another V in the Orlando area (but have only been looking for a month or so).

#1,788 ·
Well, not that it would've turned your loss into a win but at 85, I would downshift into 4th for much better acceleration. Unless you're forced induction or got some extensive engine work you prolly won't win against a new V, but you won't be left looking like you're riding a John Deere. LMAO!

#1,791 ·
Saw a black V with black rims and exhaust in Short Hills yesterday. Kinda surprized me.

#1,792 ·
That was me in short hills - black 05v with powdercoated rims, magnaflow and drilled rotors...

What's funny is I thought I saw you yesterday ahahnu but it was a new person with a Thunder Grey V in town near the short hills mall. It even looked lowered. The guy says he works in the Short Hills Mall. Or was that you? I don't think so.

#1,793 ·
No no, that was me. Like I said you caught me by surprise. I was distracted thinking about work and all of a sudden your beeping the horn sitting right next to me. Usually I spot V's like the Predator. There used to be another guy that had a Stealth V working at Novartis in Summit. I used to see him around, but haven't in years.

#1,795 ·
Saw a silver V1 and a black V2 at the Giants game last night.

#1,807 ·
I live in Lemoore.. I get up to Fresno every once in a while. I can't recall if I was in downtown Fresno that day, though I know I was up there a few weeks before. I'm an '05 Raven with a Corsa and smoked tails.

If they saw you, it definitely wasn't me -- I'd remember seeing a V in Fresno (and I've had posted about it here).

#1,798 ·
Just saw a diiirty 04 Platimun V parked on 45th st and 5th ave.

#1,802 ·
Silver V2 on Camino Del Este, just outside of Seau’s Restaurant. (no cliffs in this area)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.