Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock ...
    PISNUOFF Guest

Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

As of 8/22/2010 there will be a price increase. The new cost will be $185 for a custom short shifter and the core charge will increase to $115. I no longer stock the UUC poylurathane bushings. If you want them, please order them directly from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac.

The new amount to send is:

$300

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Good idea, I don't have one of your shifters but tpis modified mine the same way you do it....I love it...glad someone else started making em this way.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

For anyone with a stock shifter (poor guy!), this would sure seem to be the way to go, though admittedly I haven't actually tried it.

It's just that the stock shifter is SO-O lame.

Brian, dumb question here, but does this indeed get rid of the sloppy side-to-side mush of the stocker as well shorten the shift motion?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

PISNUOFF Guest

Sure does Randy. It's reduced the same percentage as the fore and aft throws. Plus the UUC bushings reduce it also.

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V | 07 Aprilia Tuono R

Money sent for modified shifter and uuc bushings

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Added to ctsvparts.com

3Fletch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

How about some before and after pictures to help us decide? Maybe a video clip before and after showing the reduced movement!

snipe_pipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I did it through another member on this forum. I am convinced this is the only way to go.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 3Fletch View Post
    How about some before and after pictures to help us decide? Maybe a video clip before and after showing the reduced movement!
    I have a short vid of the after installed, but not the before installed. I do not have it uploaded to youtube yet. I'll try to get that done tonight and attach it to this thread.

PISNUOFF Guest

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYcnjG7mJ-E"]Youtube - Short Shifter Throws[/ame]

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Utube not working

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Just to be clear for those watching, does doing something like this make you a forum vendor? Or is this not fit?

Utube not working

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jweymar View Post
    Utube not working
    Looks like it's working to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Looks like it's working to me.
    Sorry it must have been my computer, thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.