Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#223 ·
Brian - I sent you an email but havent gotten a response yet. Do you have any idea when you might get new bushings in? I dont want to hold others up, but I also dont want to do the install twice. Thanks!

#227 ·
Dropped my old shifter in the mail today so hopefully you should have it by early next week. I LOVE the new shifter but am probably still interested in the bushings if they ever become available. Go ahead and do the refund as planned but let me know when the new bushings come in. THANKS!!!

#229 ·
FWIW, I just bought a used shifter on Ebay so I'll have a core to send in (rather than waiting for cores to be sent back). I'm hoping to fix my brother's shifter the next time I head home to visit family, so this way I hope I'll be able to do a quick turn-around with Brian and have it ready to go before I make the trip. It doesn't seem like there's much of a backlog issue these days, as there was when Brian first started doing this, so maybe this is a moot point, but I figured it worked out the best for my situation.

It's item #330512494727 on Ebay. I offered them $70 shipped, and they accepted that offer pretty quickly, so you may be able to get them to go even lower. Note that I'm taking a bit of a risk, as it appears to be a CTS shifter (vice a CTS-V shifter), but from the pics it appears to me that the shifter mechanism and the shift lever itself are identical. The only difference looks to be the arm that goes from the bottom of the shift lever to the transmission, but I don't need that part, anyway.

#230 ·
Just received my shifter Monday and I ordered my bushings from Max yesterday. I should receive my bushings Friday and have my sifter in on Saturday. Ill have the core sent out Monday.
Thanks

#234 ·
anything new, since the other thread mysteriously disappeared, last PM was 10 days ago saying that I'd have a shifter in a week, still nothing... Its particularly annoying seeing people report back on their new shifters that they have recieved, and yet when I sent you a shifter and payment for the mod and new bushing in advance back in October, I have still not seen anything at all, except an occasional PM telling me that I would have a shifter when the next core comes in, or that i'll have one in a month, or a week.... still nothing...

G
#235 ·
I don't know what happened to the other thread, the mods must have deleted it for spam. I do sincerely apologize for what has happened with your order. With the exception of the first shifter that I sent to you being lost in the mail, it's totally my fault. I can assure you that I am working on a shifter for you as I write this message. It will be ready to ship to you on Tuesday.

G
#236 ·
Jaskel - I have one ready for you at my shop. I had to go out of town before I got to the post office to ship it. I'll be out of the state for at least the next week. I'll ship it as soon as I get back home.

Brian

#237 ·
Just put my shift in. not too bad, but took us 4 hours total. Had to stop because fiance had Orkin come out to inspect property! Also a close friend borrowed my floor jack!
Great upgrade, I will send my POS to you Monday!
Thank you.

#238 ·
Brian,

New to the forum here and cant PM. Not sure if you are still doing modded shifters, if so I am interested in one for my 07 V with the UUC bushings and shortened 1". If so, what is the turnaround time?

On a side note, I am trying to find a decent knob. I like the V2 but was thinking something heavier. I like the UUC but looks a little tall and the TWM knobs appear to be for a threaded install. Any sugestions? Thanks Brian.

#242 ·
I still don't have my car back, so I'm not in a rush. If there is someone else that "needs" one asap they can have my place in line. My car is at least 2 weeks from being done.

#243 ·
Another two weeks... Still nothing??? At this point how about just a damned refund... It should not take 9 months for this... Its not worth it, just ridiculous, no message traffic, no updates unless I come post here, no shipping info, c'mon...

#245 ·
Hey Brian, any update on expected shipping dates?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.