Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#179 ·
Can anyone else see the above video? I've tried two computes, 3 browsers, and my phone... can't see it.

#180 ·
Short of going through all 11 pages of posts, now that I have a CTS-V, the shifter is sloppy as all hell.

What do you do differently than a standard bolt-on short shifter?

Do you send out an entire assembly, and we send our old one back (core return)?

Or do we pull it apart and wait for you do modify it?

G
#182 ·
The ordering info is in the first post.

I replace all the bushings in the base of the shifter with ones that I designed. I also lower the knob height by 1/2". There is also zero noise/vibration transmitted through my shifters.

I use a core return system. But, I will also modify your's the same day I receive it and send it back the next if you want to bypass the wait list.

#183 ·
Hey Brian,

Is this what the normal shifter looks like? When I pull up on the shift knob the whole top piece pulls up with it.

G
#184 ·
Hi Brandon. No, the conical piece has come detached from the internal rubber on your shifter. It looks like someone tried to repair it with clear silicone. That will never hold. Once it heats up the silicone will start detaching as it has done.

Just to clarify, that's not one of my shifters.

Brian

#185 ·
Sorry, I was not saying that was one of yours. I am going to buy a STS and with the core exchange wanted to make sure I wasn't sol.

I noticed the shifter sat lower once I got it back from getting the clutch installed (2 years ago). Do you think that they messed up and ended up modifying my shifter? You can also see one of the tabs is broken and a piece of tape is inserted.

I am the original owner and have not had it modified. I figured this was normal till I looked at others.

G
#186 ·
Whoever replaced your clutch pulled the shifter apart while trying to remove the knob. They should have heated it up to adhere the rubber again. I'm not sure you'll be able to remove all the silicone in order to repair it properly. The silicates in it inhibit the rubber from attaching. If you can have the car down, you can send it to mr and I'll see what I can do. In fact, I have an extra cone piece in my shop. PM me if you want to work something out.

#195 ·
Installed my shifter/bushings today. AMAZING! car feels completly different just from the shifter, So much tighter and shorter. Makes the stock shifter seem like it was a little fisher price POS. Thanks Brian excellent job on the shifter, i will get my stock shifter out to you in a day or two.

#196 ·
Putting new Clutch, Flywheel, OEM/ Master & slave cylinder with throwout bearing. Definitely need a shifter and bushings. PM me info so I can 2nd day you my shifter and pay you for shifter and bushings. Do you recommend a new mount? A specific flywheel?

#198 ·
Pisnuoff-Please contact me
I am a new member so I can't IM you. I am hoping that this email finds you. I saw a post that if I send out my shifter to you, you can do a quick turn around and ship it back the next day. I would like to do the shifter upgrade and I will have my shifter out and ready to send, but I need to hear back from you first. I would like to do the UUC bushing upgrade and I also saw that you can shorten the shaft on the shifter as well for a even shorter throw, so I would like mine shortened 1 inch. I don't know if you can IM me or not but I need to know how I can make this happen since I can't communicate through IM. where would I send the shifter? I know that you said that you can pay pal this email address. I did send you an email at your hotmail that you listed to send payment to. If you could reply, I would appreciate it as I need to get my shifter out in the next day or two if I am going to do this and ship it to you. (my trans is coming out and a clutch install, I also have a borrowed car so now is the time). It will be a great match with my new CS engine and tranny mounts along with my ZO6 cluch and flywheel!
Thank you,

#202 ·
Think I'm gonna go ahead and take the plunge and place an order for one of these! First significant mod for this car!!

#204 ·
I received mine in the mail yesterday; If everything goes as planned I will have my stock shifter back in the mail on Monday.

vmoving; People have said that it takes about 2 hours and Brian mails out step by step directions with the shifter. I'll have a better idea of skill level after this weekend.

#206 ·
Brian, my OEM shifter is back in the mail, you should see it in a couple days.

A couple notes on the install.
Brian's instructions are great and they make it obvious what needs to be done, but it is still kind of a frustrating install.
I was right at 4 hours from start to garage cleaned up and ready to go inside.
Getting to the bottom of the shifter with the Drive shaft and exhaust (OEM) in place wasn't a problem.
Grab a friend to help bolt the new shifter in and curse when you try putting the UUC bushings in.

#207 ·
I sent Brian my stock shifter a couple months ago while the car was in storage. He turned it around real quick and I got the new shifter installed. Finally took the car out this weekend since the weather is finally getting nice here in Minnesota. The shifter feels great!! It took all of the slop out of the shifter and is WAY shorter on the throw. This is almost definitely the best mod I've done so far. Thanks for a great product Brian!!

#208 ·
Not sure where I stand in line but hopefully the fact that Andringa's shifter is on its way back that means I'm getting closer to getting mine. Cant wait to try this thing out!

G
#216 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Brian,
I'd like to pick up a shifter from you. I have a core to send in advance, so that would be $215 with a UUC bushing, correct? Let me know your address and I'll send a paypal and get the shifter in the mail. I
*can't send PMs, so I don't know if I can receive them either.
Thanks,
Dave
Email sent.*
edit:

Id like to send you my shifter ahead of time, looks like your able to modify and get it back within a day or two, I will gladly pay for the upgraded bushings as well

thanks
kris
I replied to your PM.*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.