Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

G
#147 ·
Here is the current wait list. Sorry to those who've been waiting for months, I've had several shifters returned that were damaged so severely that they were unusable and I'm in the process of replacing them.

1. Michael G.
2. Tam M.
3. Gerardo M.
4. Nicolas B.
5. Silverio D.
6. Francis M.

#148 ·
Friday will be 4 months for me... but I'm still just as excited to get it. It's going to be great to have an awesome shifter in this car. :)

#151 ·
Trying to support a guy doing this for us but IDK if I can wait months for this. Whats the next best sifter out there? You people who cannot get around to it are lame and shouldn't even have gotten the damn thing. I wouldnt return there core charge, and dub them a late fee on top of it. Killing your business waiting on poor excuse of a V owner.

#152 ·
Remember you can always just send him your own shifter and get a much quicker turnaround (no core charge). I don't mind waiting .... from what I hear it is well worth it! I couldn't be happier that Brian is doing this for us.

#153 ·
Good point. 2 day shipping is relatively cheap and should probably be a requirement.. Most guys will do this when they have time and resources, regardless of whether the shifter is in hand. Payment is the easy part..
Make your plans, give brian a heads up one week prior to shipping. He could easily commit to the turnaround..

G
#155 ·
Here is the latest list. The last three people removed haven't received their shifters, but they are in the mail. Also, Lindsay Cadillac is out of UUC bushings, so I'll have to ship without them and refund the $30.

1. Nicolas B.
2. Silverio D.
3. Mike C.

#159 ·
You'll be getting a set of poly bushings back from me when I send the core. I already have a pair and I don't think I paid for the ones you sent me anyway.
Hope to have the shifter installed as soon as I get back to CA.

#157 ·
Got a core in the mail to you Brian.

#160 ·
I know the installation is fairly straightforward, but does someone have a link to instructions and/or a video? Never have replaced a shifter before; where to start when removing the center console, etc.

#163 ·
Got the shifter and the new poly bushings installed.... LOVE IT!

No longer am I searching for gears or smashing the temp controls with my knuckles while shifting into 3rd! The shifter is still at a very comfortable height and the engagement is very quick and precise!

Great job Brian!

The total install time took me about 2 hours and that would have been faster had I had someone to hold the shifter while I tightened it down from below the car.

I thought I'd add some comments to the instructions, if you didn't mind Brian.... things that held me up a little.

1.) the bolt that attaches the bottom of the shifter to the linkage is a No. 5 allen on one side and a size 13 nut on the other side.

2.) if you don't have someone hold the shifter while replacing the rivets with the supplied hardware, then wrapping a wire or string from the linkage to the steering wheel worked for me.

I was going to attach before and after pics, but for some reason I cannot attach. Oh well!

G
#168 ·
The UUC bushings are in stock. I am sending out three shifters this week which will leave only one person on the list waiting for a modified shifter. The wait could be anywhere from this weekend to 3-4 weeks depending on when the next two cores return to me.

#171 ·
CTV-S? You still haven't fixed that? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.