Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#742 ·
Haha. I was only playing. I doubt it'll be very long anyways. I actually ordered revshift mounts and bushings as well and I plan on doing them all at the same time. Hoping that I'm not waiting too long on revshift. Haha

But yes, I feel like it's Xmas! Can't wait to feel my car with all new bushings and a new shifter! :-D

#745 · (Edited)
Thanks good catch. I was talking to a Randy and somehow typed it. Lol

The CS are awesome. One piece with a cut to slide over the bar unlike the two piece rubber junk OEMs. I used a little bike
chain oil on them and the bracket slid on pretty easy. The toughest part of the whole install was getting the bolts to line
back up on the bracket during re-install. Oh and the point of no return drilling out the two rivets. I used three drill bits
starting very small and worked up to big enough to pop the river head. Wifey came home just in time to help hold the socket up top, while I went down to tighten up the nuts underneath.

#751 ·
I don't want to start a whole new thread to praise Brian and his awesome shifter so I'll just post here.

First off, I love it! The first thing I thought is "wow, this went from feeling like a fast Cadillac to feeling like a SPORTS CAR!" I love it. It's actually fun to shift again.

I will say it is a little bit stiff at first but I attribute that to a new shifter and new bushings. It's already breaking in and it's only been a day. Very excited to get some more miles on it. Also very excited to get my motor, tranny, diff mounts from revshift installed.

Brian, thanks again for a job very well done. My core is back in the mail on its way to you.

G
#755 ·
Yours is one of the two I will have ready to ship on Monday.

I would have three ready but one core that I just purchased from somone is unusable because the nylon pivot ball is worn out and I had to throw it away.

#758 ·
Got mine swapped yesterday. What a huge difference this makes. Very happy. Took about 1.5 hours with no helper to be had. The nylon outer pivot was actually installed upside down when I pulled my shifter out and had the relief facing up. Wonder how that helped my crappy shifting? Anyways, old shifter ships today via UPS. I will email you the tracking number after I drop it off later. Thanks again for your quick service and awesome modification! Very pleased.

#761 · (Edited)
Just got mine swapped, love it so far. I was also pleased with the quality of this product, looked like it was factory made when I took it out of the package. I also changed my shifter bushings . I have noticed a bit of gear noise transfer from the transmission, I feel this is due to the stiffer poly bushings.Has anyone else experienced this? It seems like the more I stiffen up my cars imperfections ,the louder things seem to get. So far its been motor mounts, rear differential mount,front sway bar end links,now the shifter bushing's...where does it end :crybaby:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.