Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#707 ·
So, apparently I'm a dumba$$....installed the shifter facing the wrong direction. Nothing a little 13mm and 5 allen wrench can't handle. Turned it 180degrees and still works perfect. Still shifts great AND the shift knob is firmly seated. I guess that's what I get for doing the SS install at midnight after doing various projects on the V for 15 hours straight. Moral of the story: instructions are never idiot-proof.

G
#713 ·
I received a couple more cores in the mail on Saturday. The current wait time should be way less than 3-4 weeks. Here is the list.

Waiting on cores to be returned:

1. Clayton
2. Channing
3. Sam
4. Cody
5. Jason
6. Wes
7. Sergey (shipped 11/14)
8. Chris (shipped 11/14)
9. Scott (shipped 11/14)
10. Steven (shipped 11/25)
11. Adam (shipped 11/25)
12. Gregg (shipped 11/25)
13. Freddy (shipped 11/25)

Wait List:

1. Jacob

#717 ·
Another more than satisfied customer! Installed in about 3 hours in the garage with jack and stands. At least an hour burned coercing the Uuc bushings on, but overall easy install with Brian's instructions. He's not kidding... Lube is your friend!

Core coming back soon!
Av

G
#722 ·
I got an email from UPS stating I got a package from Kansas. I'm just leaving my 'day' job after being there for 12 hours and I have a 70 mile drive home so I probably won't make it to my shop to see it and refund your core charge until tomorrow.

#723 ·
I am interested in buying one of these shifters from you. How long is the current wait? and if I read correctly the bushings now have to be purchased separately? from somewhere else? I can't remember the total price (including refundable core charge) could you tell me just so I have the latest updated price? Also if you could send me the instructions to ptdavisjr@gmail.com, so I can make sure I can do this! lol! thanks in advance for all your help!!:thumbsup:

G
#724 ·
That is correct. I was getting the UUC bushings from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. There are a couple vendors that supply similar polyurethane bushings. The cost is $185 plus a refundable $115 core charge, total to send is $300. I can ship a shifter to you on Saturday. The specifics for ordering are also in the first post of this thread.

Thanks,
Brian

#725 ·
do the instructions you include with the shifter require using the bushings from Lindsay Cadillac? And would you have a link to buy them from him? sorry but a little new to the forum and not quite familiar with all the vendors. I just want to make sure that the installation is correct so I don't have any of the noise issues that I have read some of the other shifters have after installation. Also I may want the extra 1" shorter as mentioned in previous posts. would that be a problem? thanks again for all the help!

G
#726 ·
The polyurethane bushings are not required but recommended. The noise issues are not an issue with my shifters as there is a rubber connection between two halves of the shifter which absorbs the noise and vibration. Below is the contact info for two vendors that sell the polyurethane shifter bushings.

Thanks,
Brian

Lindsay Cadillac - Luke
(703) 647-8670

Creative Steel
www.creative-steel.com

#730 ·
Hey Brian not sure if u remember me saying in your thread I had quite a bit of shifter noise? Well I just got done with the tranny mount and motor mounts and the car feels great, just sounds awful shifting. Normal aggressive shifts but no power shifting or slamming and it is very whiney and noises from transmission. And just sitting in neutral running if I pull into any gear and push or pull it makes a little noise. But when driving it is verrrry verrrry loud.

What are your thoughts i wish it had stops for the shifts .

Maybe I should take it all apart and check it out.

I tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full

G
#731 · (Edited)
Hi Nick:

I cleared out some PM's immdiately and tried to PM you but your box was full also. LOL You can always get ahold of me by email br_1868(at)hotmail(dot)com.

It is not common for one of my shifters to be doing what your's is doing. Obviously the installation of motor and trans mounts has raised the back of your trans even more. Did you install the new bushings I sent you last week? Some people have experienced noise after installation of a new trans mount or insert irregardless of the shifter that is installed. Typically this goes away after the mount 'settles'. I think there is definitely something else going on with yours. It sounds exactly like your center linkage bar is hitting the boss on the top/rear of your trans. Please double check that the nylon pivot ball housing is installed with the 'relief' facing downward. This will raise the entire shifter assembly about 1/4" into the cabin. You should be able to see this from inside the center console. The top side of the pivot housing should be flat. I'll send you an entirely new shifter or we can find some other resolution that satisfies you. Sorry for your troubles.

Brian

#732 ·
Word on customer support. Thx Brian but I won't get a chance to touch it until next week or the following week. I just sent an email. I do question the install now, I'm sure your shifter is not the issue. You have only made hundreds of them, issue free:) hah

Again, thx so much for your customer service. If you made every general mod for the V I'd get them from you!

#733 ·
Hey there... I'm wanting todo the hurst shifter mod soon and was wondering what the turn around time is? I see hurst offers an option for a black knob which I prefer.

Also does $275 include you getting the shifter, modifying it and shipping to me? (Sry if you have answered this 10x I'm just still not clear.

#735 ·
PISNUOFF said:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/437418-hurst-shifters-v.html The $275 includes everything. I order the shifter, modify it and ship it to you. I will have to order a kit with the black knob for you today. It will most likely show up at my place on Friday so it'll be able to ship Monday. If it shows up on Thursday I'll ship it out to you on Friday.

That's a great deal!!! I'm gonna wait a couple weeks before I place the order (sry if I made it seem like I needed it urgently). If you do get a black one and modify it by Monday...well I might not be able to resist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.