Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#3 ·
For anyone with a stock shifter (poor guy!), this would sure seem to be the way to go, though admittedly I haven't actually tried it.

It's just that the stock shifter is SO-O lame.

Brian, dumb question here, but does this indeed get rid of the sloppy side-to-side mush of the stocker as well shorten the shift motion?

#11 ·
Utube not working

#12 ·
Just to be clear for those watching, does doing something like this make you a forum vendor? Or is this not fit?

#13 ·
Utube not working

G
#18 ·
I can drop the height any distance up to 1" without having to machine the top of the stalk (i.e. The stock attachment mechanism for the knob is left untouched). I have been setting them at the stock height, but if you would like it lower just specify in the notes section of the Paypal transaction. I just made one for ichpen that is almost a full 1" lower.

#19 ·
I sent paypal, did you get it?

Jarrod W?

#21 ·
Just finished the install of the shifter from PISNUOFF and topped it off with a V2 knob from Luke at Lindsey total install was 2hrs on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 3 on install difficulty. If you have a basic tool kit and a little know how its EASY. Well I took it for a 20min test drive and the shifter now matches the car. Firm shifts SUPER short throw and I had PISNUOFF lower it 1" from stock ride height. If anyone is on the fence this is $$$ VERY well spent. Check the pics I added. One is the kit you will receive and I included a pic of the stock shifter so you can compare. One last thing to do is box up the old one Sunday so I can get my core charge back. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#26 ·
Its basically the same thing but much cheaper. It is doing the same thing as all the others. You just aren't paying for all the stainless it takes to make a new one and a fancy name.

G
#27 ·
The differences are in throw distance, noise transmission, cost and customized knob height. Here is a link to a shifter comparison done by dmilamj:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...t-another-shifter-comparison-thread-time.html

Forum members have measured their B&M throw distance as 3.5" from 3rd to 4th gear. My modified stock shifter, with the stock knob height, is 3.25". The knob can be lowered by up to 1" resulting in approx. a 3.0" throw distance. RSMV above had his lowered by 1".

Many forum members have experienced noise/whining/vibration transmitted through the aftermarket shifters. This is due to the mechanical connection between the upper portion of the stalk to the lower portion of the stalk. My modified stock shifter uses the same type of rubber isolation connection as stock and therefore does not transmit any more noise than the stock shifter.

When all is said and done, my shifter will only cost you $110.

G
#29 ·
Been here since I bought my V in 2007. I had another brand and was unhappy also, that's what prompted me to follow another forum members lead and make these.

I was actually going to do an axle for wheelhop back in '08, but I could only find one place that was willing to make one and they wanted $700 so I gave up on it. Lucky for us, other people got it done at a reasonable price.

G
#30 ·
I have recently found out that the UUC transmission mount is approx. 3/8" taller than the stock transmission mount. This will cause, among other things, the linkage to contact the driveshaft coupler when my shifter is used. There is a way to make my shifter work with it but will require a spacer (which I will supply) and two 1"x1" pieces to be cut from the upper plastic hold down plate.

There should be no issues with the CS transmission mounts as they are the same height at stock.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and if anyone has purchased one of my shifters, has the UUC trans mount and is not willing to modify their hold down plate contact me for a full refund.

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

#61 ·
Brian,

This part just bit me in the tail as my car is on the rack at the dealer right now getting the motor mounts and trans mounts replaced with UUC as my GM MM have broken twice in 2 years. If I had know this was going to happen I would have looked into your spacer mod before. I need to talk about the 2 x 1" cuts needed and that spacer ASAP. You have a PM.

Brent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.