Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by PISNUOFF I have recently found out that the UUC transmission mount is approx. 3/8" taller than the ...
    SuperVeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I have recently found out that the UUC transmission mount is approx. 3/8" taller than the stock transmission mount. This will cause, among other things, the linkage to contact the driveshaft coupler when my shifter is used. There is a way to make my shifter work with it but will require a spacer (which I will supply) and two 1"x1" pieces to be cut from the upper plastic hold down plate.

There should be no issues with the CS transmission mounts as they are the same height at stock.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and if anyone has purchased one of my shifters, has the UUC trans mount and is not willing to modify their hold down plate contact me for a full refund.

Thanks,
    Brian

Brian,

This part just bit me in the tail as my car is on the rack at the dealer right now getting the motor mounts and trans mounts replaced with UUC as my GM MM have broken twice in 2 years. If I had know this was going to happen I would have looked into your spacer mod before. I need to talk about the 2 x 1" cuts needed and that spacer ASAP. You have a PM.

Brent

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Was just about to send payment, but thought I would check in to see how many are on the wait list before me ...

ZONick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Just sent payment! Just bought my car and can't stand the stock shifter!

PISNUOFF Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398 View Post
    Was just about to send payment, but thought I would check in to see how many are on the wait list before me ...
    Sorry I missed this post. There are currently 3 people on the waiting list. I would say it's a good time to send payment as I've never had less than 8 people on the list since I started modifying them.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Payment just sent. I'm thinkin of going with a full inch shorter than the stock height ... has anyone had issues with this? Is it comfortable? It doesn't actually lengthen the throw, does it?

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

payment sent! looking forward to the new shifter.

ak ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Just put my order in!!!

KeyzV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver 04 CTS-V

Thumbs up Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Brian

Sounds Great. Love car, hate rowing through mush. Reverse is even getting to be a stretch. Ready to order but first I would like to know in your opinion, which is better. Your normal shifter height or cut down to one inch. What is the actual difference? Is it worth the possible cons if any? Any further mods needed for V2 shift knob?

Thanks

PISNUOFF Guest

The difference is I normally lower the knob height 1/2". It's really personal preference.

I don't touch the attachment method for the knob. If the V2 knob fits a V1, then it fits.

MikeV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Redline CTS-V

Just installed mine this morning. Took me about 2.5 hours but my hands are big and had a heck of a time working them around the exhaust. Also, I didn't have a helper so had to fool around a bit with the bolts that replace the rivets.

All in all this is a fantastic upgrade! The height of the knob is perfect. I would not want it any lower. Shifting is so much smoother now it is not even funny. I've found that if you preload the shifter with a little tension headed to the next gear then just tap the clutch it slides right in.

Will send my old one back this week.

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

brian, do you send any kind of confirmation that you've received our payment? just want to make sure that mine got to you safely.

PISNUOFF Guest

Pm me with your name. I received payment for four shifters this weekend and no one put their forum name so I don't know who is who.

dowlatij is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Order sent and PM

MikeV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Redline CTS-V

Stock shifter mailed back today. Paypal core charge to mikepgh@connecttime.net when received. Thanks!

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

Look what you made me do, my hands couldn't help but go to paypal and send you $215... (what was that about a fool with a CTS-V and his money...)

Can't wait to try this out for myself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.