Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 47
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The car is completely stock other than the shifter and muffler delete. 2004 with only 30,000 miles. The noise is ...
    Chad's CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

The car is completely stock other than the shifter and muffler delete. 2004 with only 30,000 miles.

The noise is loud enough to hear over the radio. It is really buzzy and makes the car feel cheap. Would some additional sound deadening help? Dynamat over the plate or around the lever?

PISNUOFF Guest

That is not normal. You can add dynamat to the stalk, it will most likely help. Did you replace the stock outer linkage bar bushings? If you want another shifter I can send you one within a week. Email me if you do, br_1868 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Brian

Chad's CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The stock bushings were replaced with UUC bushings from LindsayCadillac. I will take it all apart this weekend and investigate. If there's no smoking gun and the noise remains I'll take you up on a replacement shifter since the noise was not present with the OEM unit. Thanks Brian.

V-twin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V w/ Katech headers, Magnaflow, short shifter

Brian,
    I'm interested in a shifter. Just sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Tim

wmouser22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Brian,

Same here! Just sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Wes

GSRswapandslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member

whats the current wait time for a shifter without a core mailed in before? i have another car, but the g/f is currently driving it while I wait on parts for her other car

PISNUOFF Guest

Current wait is about 1-2 weeks. There are three people in the wait list as of right now and I have two cores at home for them.

fweasel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Shifter was delivered today. Core won't be shipped back until next Monday as I don't have time for the install until this weekend.

PISNUOFF Guest

Chicago USPS is horrible. It's no wonder they are going bankrupt. I sent it from Ohio on Wednesday with a scheduled delivery of Friday, 9/13. They had another one floating around for two weeks before it was finally delivered.
    carlson_mn likes this.

we should be thankful it even arrived. I had three client deposit checks returned to sender last month alone... nearly 15K worth.

Did my core return show up?

Destram is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I read that you don't stock the UUC bushings anymore. Do you still include the drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, the tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite?

Also, I saw you posting with someone else who seemed to have a problem with either the CS or UUC bushing (I can't remember which he didn't like). Which do you recommend? Still UUC?

PISNUOFF Guest

Either the UUC or the CS will be fine. I do not include the drill bit or the loctite. I do include the white lithium grease and the stainless hardware.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

The uuc feel firmer in my hand but the cc were a lot easier to install for me. After the install the shifter still feels better than the uuc shifter and uuc shifter bushing that are in my wife's car.

wmouser22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quick testimonial: PISNUOFF SS installed with UUC bushings has made a night and day difference. Shifts are crisp and exact. I DO NOT have any trouble getting into any gear including 1st or reverse(where I was having trouble before the install).

Word of advice for anyone doing the install, have a good drill bit. A worn bit will result in hours of headache. Ask me how I know.

Regardless of install headaches, I am extremely satisfied. Great product, Brian!

Question for anyone that has successfully re-installed their stock shift knob: how do you do it? I have put all kinds of pressure on it and angled it similarly to the way it came off. I'm just not having any luck. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
    PISNUOFF likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.